Senior Director, GV&A Center of Excellence Economic Modeling
Senior Director, GV&A Center of Excellence Economic Modeling
United States - California - Foster CityUnited Kingdom - UxbridgeIreland - Cork
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company's five core values. That's because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Senior Director, GV&A Center of Excellence - Economic Modeling
Leveraging advanced economic research skills, the Sr. Director, GV&A RWE drives scientific rigor in the development of economic models that inform the value proposition for Gilead products, across the portfolio. This cross functional role requires excellent communication and collaboration skills to align strategies within GV&A and across Gilead including Global Government Affairs, International/Country Access leads, and Commercial. We are seeking a proven leader who can appropriately influence through expertise, keen strategic acumen and excellent communication skills to support brand level HEOR leads' modeling strategies.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Head of GV&A COE, you will:
- Develop and implement industry-leading economic modeling methods, processes and practices at Gilead
- Provide guidance in economic modeling design, fit for purpose for a specific disease/treatment and global HTA review.
- Support cross-functional teams in developing early economic modeling strategies across indications, including development of early economic model in house
- Monitor and inform on evolving trends in HTA modeling methods, and emerging approaches to inform best practices and drive adoption across GV&A
- Identify opportunities for innovative research initiatives and applications across TA's. This includes conduct research that enhances/progresses modeling approaches and establishes Gilead as a leader in use of modeling to demonstrate the value of innovative treatments
- Provide thought partnership on model development, base case and local adaptations
- Maintain a network of external relationships with key opinion leaders, economists and CROs to enable excellence in GV&A activities
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
We're seeking a strategic, influential leader with:
- At least 12 years of relevant experience in pharma, academia, or heath care provider/payer/HTA industries and a Master's Degree required
- Ph.D. or advanced degree in health economics, health services research or related field preferred
- Deep understanding of economic modeling and the application in different access and reimbursement environments
- Deep expertise in economic modeling (e.g. costs effectiveness and budget impact models)
- Demonstrated expertise in model design, execution and communication
- Active external network in economic modeling preferred
- Formal training in Economics/HEOR required
- Ability to work effectively in a constantly changing, diverse, and matrix environment
- Highly attentive to detail and accuracy
- Expertise in Excel and modeling software
- Advanced knowledge of international modeling best practices and trends
The Gilead Difference
Everyone at Gilead is motivated by our overarching mission to discover and deliver innovative therapies that improve patient care in areas of unmet medical needs. But it's just what we do that gives us an edge, it's how we do it. We expect everyone at Gilead to lead by example, guided by our core values:
- Integrity - Doing What's Right
- Inclusion - Encouraging Diversity
- Teamwork - Working Together
- Accountability - Taking Personal Responsibility
- Excellence - Being Your Best
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency