Data Visualization Intern
Black Diamond Therapeutics is a precision oncology medicine company pioneering the discovery and development of small molecule, tumor-agnostic therapies. Black Diamond targets undrugged mutations in patients with genetically defined cancers for whom limited treatment options currently exist. Black Diamond is built upon a deep understanding of cancer genetics, protein structure and function, and medicinal chemistry. The Company’s proprietary technology platform, Mutation-Allostery-Pharmacology, or MAP, platform, is designed to allow Black Diamond to analyze population-level genetic sequencing data to identify oncogenic mutations that promote cancer across tumor types, group these mutations into families and develop a single small molecule therapy in a tumor-agnostic manner that targets a specific family of mutations.
We are looking for a Summer Intern to join our Computatioanl Biology team. This is a Part-time (20 hours) paid Internship for 3-6 months in our NY location or can also be remote. The intern will work under the supervision of a BDTX scientist and contribute to an ongoing effort in the computational biology group.
- Design graphical user interface based data visualization tool or dashboard using popular BI applications such as Tableau, Power BI etc.
- Create chart templates for easily plotting graphs with internal and external life science data.
- Design and implement pipeline structure to ingest data directly from AWS into the BI application for analysis.
- Develop codebase and documentation for accomplished objectives.
- A college student or graduate student in computer science or related discipline.
- Experience and knowledge of BI tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Metabase etc.
- Proficiency with at least one programming language commonly used for data analysis (Python or R). Knowledge and experience of working with relation or non-relational databases.
- Knowledge of AWS will be plus. Good communication skills are required.
This job operates in a professional office and lab environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform he essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; used hands to fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb be stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 lbs.
Black Diamond Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages all applications. Diversity and inclusion are important core values and will encourage our creativity and growth as a company. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected will be invited for an interview.