At Arch Oncology, we discover and develop new biologic therapeutics to treat patients living with cancer. We are committed to advancing antibodies with best-in-class potential. Our lead molecule, AO-176, is an IgG2 CD47 targeted antibody, which blocks the “do not eat me” signal enabled by CD47’s interaction with SIRPa and induces phagocytosis.
In addition, AO-176 exhibits:
- Lower binding to normal cells in general and negligible binding to red blood cells
- Enhanced binding to CD47 at acidic pH found in tumor microenvironments
- Programmed and immunogenic cell death
These highly differentiated features of AO-176 offer a potential best-in-class profile.
We are a team of highly experienced and driven professionals who are committed to excellence in all that we do. If you share this commitment and want to work with a team focused on improving the lives of cancer patients, aim high with us and apply.
At Arch Oncology, we have two locations. Our headquarters is in Brisbane, CA, a gateway of biotechnology innovation, and our scientific research laboratory is in St. Louis, MO, home of the Gateway Arch. This position is located in Brisbane, CA.
Chief Operating Officer and General Counsel
Job Description and Responsibilities:
The contracts administrator/paralegal will focus on contract administration and negotiation, corporate policy development and training, document management system and other needs of a growing company. In addition, in reporting to the COO, the job duties will include assistance in human resources. The successful candidate must have existing skills to start quickly and a can do attitude to complete matters and take on new matters as needed.
- Managing the contracting process, including development and further roll out of the document management system, managing contract requests, negotiating agreements via a playbook, securing signatures and filing fully executed contracts
- Logging key metadata from existing contracts into document management system, including effective dates, termination dates, milestones and reports due
- Maintaining files and driving completion the development and implementation of corporate policies and templates, including tracking employee training
- Maintaining and filing corporate records, including minute book, resolutions, and minutes
- Working with other members of the legal or management team on special projects and initiatives
Position Requirements and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience, particularly contract and document management experience.
- Experience working with lawyers, preferably in a law firm or life sciences company. Licensed Paralegal is a plus.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Superior communication skills.
- Energetic, highly organized, diplomatic and calm under pressure.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels within the company, including the board of directors and senior management.
- Collaborative approach to achieving goals in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Ability to drive problem solving, decision making and issue resolution.
- Ability to work effectively, remotely as necessitated by current pandemic.
- Experience with Microsoft Teams is a plus.
Arch Oncology offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance, as well as paid time off and a 401k plan.
Arch Oncology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.