2022 Commercial Leader Program MBA Intern
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Commercial Leader Program MBA Internship
As a Commercial Leader Program MBA intern you will work on meaningful assignments that have a real impact on our business and patients worldwide. You will join an integrated brand team focused on marketing, combining technical knowledge, analytical strength, and creative problem solving.
AbbVie’s worldwide business offers you an opportunity to work in a variety of fields. All internship assignments are different and based on business need; however, below are some examples of past intern projects:
- Experience a product launch by developing relationships, producing tools to help strengthen care model in anticipation of launch.
- Work with an Oncology pipeline product and make recommendations on a sales forecast. Develop a process to link Global forecasts to the US affiliate. Recommend strategies that will drive incremental business for the Oncology brand team.
- Play a role with the world’s top grossing prescription, Humira. Provide perspective to the size and scope of the commercial opportunity along the patient journeys. Assess trade-offs for commercial focus for tactical planning considering the commercial opportunity.
- Research internal brands and external market to bring innovative recommendations for marketing strategies (i.e., new promotional and educational materials for key stakeholders, omni-channel marketing strategies).
Most interns will be located at our corporate headquarters in north suburban Chicago, Lake County. However, some interns will be placed in the following office locations. Please share your location preferences with your recruiter.
- Irvine, CA
- Lake County, IL
- Madison, NJ
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited MBA program, preferably with an emphasis on marketing, healthcare consulting or general management
- Must be enrolled in an accredited MBA degree program the semester following your internship and graduate within 1-year post-internship
- Eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship
- At least 3 years of prior work experience
- Willing to travel up to 15% during internship (US based)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher preferred
- Demonstrated leadership potential
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of healthcare/biotechnology industry is a plus
AbbVie strongly considers high performing interns as candidates for their Commercial Leader Program (CLP) after they graduate. AbbVie’s (CLP) is a 4-year rotational program with three separate work assignments. The rotations are carried out in a variety of functional areas such as: Sales, Product Marketing and Market Access. The goal of the program is to identify and develop AbbVie’s future Commercial leaders. If you are interested and want more information, visit abbviecareers.com.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.