2022 Global Market Access Program MBA Intern
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Global Market Access Development Program Internship
As a Global Market Access MBA Intern, you’ll participate in a program supporting our global and affiliate businesses. You’ll join a team where you will do meaningful work that has a real impact on our Commercial business and patients worldwide. You will also combine technical and business knowledge with analytical strength and creative problem solving.
AbbVie’s worldwide business offers you an opportunity to work in a variety of fields and locations. All internship assignments are different and based on business need; however, below are some potential areas with responsibilities and experiences where interns could be placed:
- Market Access planning and execution
- Health Economic and Health Technology Assessment
- Strategic Pricing
- Affiliate or Area market access and pricing
Interns will be located at our corporate headquarters in north suburban Chicago, Lake County.
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited MBA program, preferably with an emphasis on marketing, healthcare consulting or general management
- Must be enrolled in an accredited MBA degree program the semester following your internship and graduate within 1-year post-internship
- Eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship
- Geographic mobility, interested in a global career
- Two years prior Healthcare industry experience and demonstrated understanding of health policy impact
- Cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher preferred
- Personal initiative and ability to lead; Strong desire to take responsibility for projects and make an impact
- Adaptable team player with excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to navigate a matrix organization
- Innovative and critical thinking; Ability to analyze data and prioritize to solve problems
- Experience with project and budget management
- High level of personal integrity
- Global mindset
- Strong desire to learn market access and develop evidence to demonstrate the value of our pharmaceutical products to patients, payers, market access stakeholders, health systems and society
AbbVie strongly considers high performing interns as candidates for the Global Market Access Development Program after they graduate. AbbVie’s Global Market Access Development Program is a three-year rotational program with rotational work assignments. You will be equipped with a series of experiences that will build your capabilities to enter into a Market Access leadership role.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.