Manager, R&D and Clinical Quality Assurance
Manager: Sr. Director, R&D and Clinical Quality Assurance
Department: R&D and Clinical Quality Assurance
Location: Brisbane, CA or Pt. Richmond, CA
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and in vivo genome regulation. At Sangamo, we are passionate in developing genomic medicines to transform the lives of patients with serious diseases. We transform lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo genome editing. Our top priority is to meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion. Along with our commitment to science and to our patients, we also endeavor to create an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow and develop their expertise.
We are seeking top talent to join our mission. Let’s build a better future together.
The Manager, R&D and Clinical Quality Assurance will be responsible for providing quality oversight for the R&D and clinical programs related to the company’s ZFP Therapeutic® products, including technology platforms for ZFP genome editing and Adeno-associated Virus (AAV) gene therapy including technology platforms for ZFP genome editing, Adeno-associated Virus (AAV) gene therapy and autologous & allogeneic CAR-Tregs.
The Manager, R&D and Clinical Quality Assurance will work closely with R&D, Pharmacovigilance, Quality Assurance and Clinical Operations to recommend and lead the implementation of quality initiatives to ensure clinical compliance to FDA and international regulations and guidance, including Good Clinical Practices.
- Establishes, refines, implements, and maintains R&D, nonclinical and clinical QA systems, policies, and procedures for oversight of the company’s internal clinical operations.
- Provides GLP training to R&D and Preclinical organizations and conducts lab audits to assure compliance with GLP.
- Participates in clinical programs and coordinates the QA interface with Contract Clinical Research Organizations, Clinical Contract Test Organizations, and Investigator Sites.
- Supports the vendor selection process and vendor qualification program as it relates to Clinical Operations through on-site audits and on-going monitoring of compliance to regulations and company policies.
- Ensures regulatory compliance as it relates to clinical research through ongoing assessment of the clinical development portfolio, identification of key sites that may pose a risk to that portfolio, conducting regular site audits and triggering and monitoring corrective action as needed to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Manages the internal audit process of R&D and Clinical Operations including execution, report writing and CAPA follow-up.
- Manages Deviations related to R&D and Clinical Operations including reporting on investigations, clinical impact, and resolution to Senior Management.
- Provides advice and interpretation of regulations and guidelines.
- May participate in the review and approval of clinical trial materials such as Clinical Protocol, Pharmacy Manual, Clinical Investigator’s Brochure, etc.
- Supports regulatory inspections of the company and its suppliers.
- Provides Quality Assurance support for safety related monitoring and pharmacovigilance.
- Supports the R&D and Clinical Quality Assurance Unit in other tasks necessary to maintain the Quality System.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRMENTS:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in life science or equivalent .
- Demonstrated in-depth experience of establishing, refining and operating R&D and Clinical Quality Assurance related systems in the Biotechnology industry.
- 5+ experience in a combination of R&D Quality Assurance and Clinical Operations roles.
- 8+ years’ experience working in a regulated industry.
- In depth knowledge of FDA, ISO, EMA, GMP, GCP and ICH quality systems and regulatory requirements for clinical programs including cell-based, gene-based and rAAV-based therapies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary industrial environment
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above duties are representative only; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.