Account Manager, Commercial Development
Aldevron is seeking an Account Manager to work closely with our commercial and operational teams to develop and implement a sales and business strategy to expand and grow Aldevron’s market share. This position builds strategic partnerships with new prospects and existing clients by understanding the client’s needs and appropriately positioning the Aldevron solution to meet that need.
- Identify, prospect and generate new business opportunities in biotech, pharma, academic and government organizations in the assigned territory
- Nurture and expand business with existing clients in support of their ongoing and future programs
- Work closely with clients and prospective clients to understand their requirements for biologic production related products and services
- Deliver presentations on Aldevron’s complete offering at the highest levels within the clients organization
- Work closely with Aldevron’s inside support teams to continue refining the sales and business development process to best support Aldevron’s clients
- Consistently meet or exceed quarterly and yearly key performance metrics and goals
- Regularly conduct and review territory and account plans, adjusting sales strategies and tactical execution plans in order to better generate revenue growth in the assigned territory
- Understanding of key clients’ visions, strategies, and organizational structure
- Daily input/track information and manage opportunity and sales pipeline data in CRM system
- Coordinate with the Aldevron commercial team to build accurate revenue projections
- Execute a successful project hand-off to Client Relations and/or Project Management teams
- Communicate client feedback to Product Management and Operations regarding new service opportunities and updates to current products
- Broad technical understanding in the field of molecular and cell biology, with a clear understanding of biotheraputics, including: nucleic acids, gene editing, DNA plasmids, mRNA therapeutics, viral vector technologies, CAR-T, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in developing territory and key account plans which serve to expand the business with existing clients and generate incremental revenue with new clients
- Excellent written, oral, and influential communication skills with the ability to effectively present Aldevron’s products and services to clients
- Experienced sales professional having an adept understanding of the sales process and the client journey
- Working knowledge of regulatory body requirements as well as manufacturing quality systems
- Understanding of the biotheraputic journey from discovery through commercialization
- Understanding of basic accounting principles including: price, cost structure, gross margin, and profit
- Demonstrated cross-functional leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to develop detailed project plans, prioritize tasks and allocate resources to achieve company and client objectives
- Ability to effectively manage client expectations through honest, consistent, and professional communication
- Ability to work with scientific personnel to troubleshoot scientific problems encountered by clients
- Potential to supervise, train, and mentor scientific staff as needed
- Ability to work in a dynamic, client-focused, environment
- Minimum of a B.S. or B.A. in a scientific field is required. Advance degree in a scientific discipline is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years in a client-facing or sales role in the life sciences industry, with preferred experience in the biopharma industry selling into the cell and gene therapy client segments
- Field role requiring frequent travel and the use of a home office. Travel up to 70%
Join Us Today!
Join a team committed to making lives better. Aldevron provides high-quality plasmid DNA, proteins, enzymes, antibodies, and other biologics to help our partners achieve significant breakthroughs for a variety of life science applications.
Aldevron is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce and consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identify, or protected veteran status among other factors.