Sr Director Investor Relations
This newly created position will design and implement the corporate investor, public relations and corporate communications strategy. As the Sr Dir/VP [DoE], you will lead the company’s investor relations programs that includes senior management, institutional/retail/foreign investors, brokerage conference presentations, domestic and international road shows. You’ll create the strategy, framework and tactics of our investor relations roadmap.
Contribute to annual and quarterly reports, designs presentations for corporate officers and acts as contact for investment community. Supports the company’s public and investor relations objectives.
- Develop a long-term strategic investor relations plan that supports the company’s investor relations objectives
- Transition the current duties from the external IR firm
- Manage the external PR advisor to ensure deliverables, short and long term objectives, social media activities and local/national PR outreach
- Creates investor relations calendar
- Manage communications with the investment community including quarterly outreach to top shareholders, analysts, targeted investors and analysts
- Work closely with COO/CFO, CEO, CSO, CMO, CCO to create opportunities for thought leadership
- Own the development of investor-focused materials, including earnings announcements, quarterly and annual reports, conference presentations, backgrounders, internal FAQs and fact sheets
- Be part of the quarterly earnings and conference calls as needed
- In conjunction with external PR advisor, develop strategic external communication plans and message development. Advise company senior management on communications strategies.
- Collaborates with finance team and covering analysts to analyze and report financial results and compile important statistics and other relevant information for use during the quarterly earnings announcements and conference calls, and throughout the quarter during regular discussions with investors and analysts
- Is accountable for the company’s communication strategy and reputation as it relates to all media - social media, blogs, media coverage amplification, etc. Strong grasp and creative use of social media channels to engage and support efforts
- Strong relationships particularly with analysts and investors
- Experience measuring the ROI of communications activities.
- Serves as Team Leader/ Project Management on an ad hoc basis, as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific discipline, MBA preferred
- Strong negotiation, organization, and presentation skills
- Experience, with previously demonstrated success in industry-related IR/PR role. Must have thorough understanding of the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical and/or biotechnology industries. Scientific or pharma background a plus.
- Excellent systems and operational skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact and collaborate effectively with domestic and global teams