Senior Research Associate, Protein Sciences
About IDEAYA Biosciences:
IDEAYA Biosciences (NASDAQ: IDYA) is a public, clinical-stage oncology-focused precision medicine company committed to the discovery and development of targeted therapeutics for patient populations selected using DNA sequencing and other molecular diagnostics. Our approach integrates extensive capabilities in identifying and validating translational biomarkers with small molecule drug discovery to select patient populations most likely to benefit from the therapies we are developing. We are applying these capabilities across multiple classes of precision medicine, including direct targeting of oncogenic pathways and synthetic lethality – which represents an emerging class of precision medicine targets. We believe this diversified approach will enable us to deliver the right medicine to the right patient to drive a more robust clinical response.
IDEAYA recently announced a landmark strategic partnership with GSK in Synthetic Lethality for certain pipeline programs. The GSK partnership is transformative and enables IDEAYA and GSK to collectively build an industry leading platform and pipeline in Synthetic Lethality. For more information, please see www.ideayabio.com.
What you’ll do:
As a key member of our Lead Discovery Team, the Senior Research Associate, Protein Sciences expert is responsible for implementing the design, production, and purification of proteins required to support structural, biological, and biophysical efforts in our small molecule drug discovery programs. This is an important position in the expansion of IDEAYA’s laboratory capabilities to enable fast, efficient, and creative drug discovery and development. The position will report to the lead Principal Research Scientist, Protein Biochemistry. The person will closely interface with biophysics, chemistry, biology, and CADD scientists working on our projects. The scientist will communicate results in cross-functional teams, across several groups within the organization, contributing to its culture of engagement and scientific rigor.
The ideal candidate will be a passionate person who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment contributing to the discovery and development of novel therapeutic agents for cancer patients.
- BS with 9+ or MS with 7+ years’ experience in protein biochemistry or related field in industrial drug discovery setting
- Experienced scientist with a proven track record and relevant industry experience in biochemistry, molecular biology, or bioengineering-related field
- Extensive knowledge of protein structure and function, and ability to design expression vectors for a variety of protein expression systems.
- Experience setting up and running a diverse range of systems (e.g., in vitro, bacterial, insect, mammalian) for transfection and expression of proteins
- Extensive knowledge of protein purification and characterization approaches
- Ability to work independently on the design and execution of experiments
- Collaborate closely with multiple cross-functional project teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, experience working in a team setting
When you're at IDEAYA, you will be in the midst of brilliant minds working on precision medicine therapies to help cancer patients. We are passionate and committed about being on the forefront of oncology medicine, which means we all have a high internal drive that is at the very core of every person at IDEAYA. We are inquisitive, ask deep questions, and are data-driven innovators who like to collaborate and use team work to move science forward.
Ideaya is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, Ideaya does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets.