Sr. Technical Sales Executive-Enzymes
Senior Technical Sales Executive - Enzymes
Who YOU are,
- You have strong knowledge and understanding of the enzymes and materials market related to molecular diagnostics, PCR and next generation sequencing.
- You are excited about new potential and opportunities!
- You have experience in strategic account planning and execution of those plans.
- You enjoy closing the deal and moving on to the next opportunity.
If this is you, it’s time to learn more about us, LGC Biosearch Technologies. We make a difference in the world and we are looking for a Senior Technical Sales Executive - Enzymes who has a strong molecular biology background with key account management experience to come join our “Enzyme SWAT team.”
At LGC we are passionate about science – our colleagues work to make research move faster, and diagnosis to be more accurate with quality and consistency. We provide our teams with an environment where they can progress their scientific knowledge and interest, nurture their passion for scientific discoveries and develop in their role.
We offer a highly competitive benefits package:
- Healthcare, Vision, Dental
- Flexible Spending Account, 401K with match, 10 Holidays, PTO
- Short term disability, Long term disability, Employee term life insurance
- Paid Bereavement Leave, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program Employee Referral Program, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Pet Insurance, Discount Program Voluntary Worksite Benefits - accident & critical illness, deductible buffer insurance, lifetime benefit term
The Senior Technical Sales Executive–Enzymes will be responsible for building and delivering commercial success in this key growth segment for LGC Genomics. This role is required to have direct, hands-on opportunity management. This includes direct management of key account enzymes sales opportunities.
This position will be required to work closely with other key account and regional account managers to identify, manage and win key projects related to the enzyme portfolio of the LGC business. The primary focus will be to identify and manage specific sales opportunities within B2B accounts, many of which will be under the direct management of LGC colleagues.
This Senior Technical Sales Executive – Enzymes is expected to deliver enzymes sales pipeline for both new account acquisition and financial growth objectives on a quarterly and annual basis.
QUALIFICATIONS, Senior Technical Sales Executive - Enzymes
- BA or BS degree, in bio-science/life-science, business management, marketing or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years direct sales experience in management of key account(s) with demonstrated success.
- Proven track record successfully managing complex new sales projects, including but not limited to custom development, prospecting, as well as established accounts.
- Background and understanding of molecular biology and related applications including NGS and PCR workflows and supporting technologies.
- A degree-level qualification or higher in a life sciences subject (or equivalent).
- Experience in strategic account planning and execution of those plans.
- Results-focused; able to gather business-critical information on which to base judgment and determine priorities.
- Deep knowledge and experience in key account contracting, negotiating, and change management.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships internally and externally at all levels of an organization, including the management of executive relationships, with the ability to champion ideas, gain agreement and influence change and improvements.
- Excellent communication skills that focus on clarity and simplicity, both written and oral with ability to relate to all levels of the business.
- Fluent in English; both verbal and written.
- Self-starter with the energy and drive to take on tough challenges and see them through to conclusion.
- Experience working in a fast-moving, dynamic organization.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Proficient in the usage of Microsoft Office
- Experience with CRM software (SalesForce.com) highly desirable
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES, Senior Technical Sales Executive - Enzymes
- Achieve the OEM Specialty Components strategic & financial growth objectives.
- Actively seek and develop new opportunities to grow revenue and expand the LGC business in existing and new clients.
- Responsible for delivering KPI’s on a quarterly basis.
- Utilize salesforce.com to track sales activities, opportunity pipeline, and implement effective sales management across the business
- Support marketing and product management team with client and market specific information to help support product pipeline development and road map.
- Represent the company at various community and/or business meetings to promote the company and promote positive relations with suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders.
- Provides timely sales and pipeline inputs as required to support reporting of leading and lagging indicators. Generates accurate, complete and timely expense reporting. Facilitates account review meetings for strategic accounts. Maintains timely and accurate reporting of sales data in the companies CRM system
Essential competencies and behaviors: Resonates and operates in line with LGC’s core value behaviors: Passion, Curiosity, Integrity, Brilliance, and Respect