Protein Engineering Scientist
Yoh Life Sciences is seeking a Protein Engineering Scientist for a direct hire role with an exciting cutting edge start up focused on gene therapy in South San Francisco.
If this position is of interest to you then please apply with your current resume and we'll follow-up.
Title: Protein Engineering Scientist
Location: South San Francisco
Type: Direct Hire with our client
This person should have a PhD in Bioengineering or Biochemistry or related field and will support the team on protein engineering science and basic data analysis.
- A strong background in practical protein engineering, protein evolution, rational design methods, and an understanding of protein chemistry.
- Expertise in computational modeling of protein structure and domain analysis.
- Prior experience in setting up of high-throughput pipelines to functionally readout a large pool of protein variants, adoption of saturation mutagenesis strategy, or continuous directed evolution
- A strong track record of accomplishments and publications in protein engineering
- Creativity to propose new approaches and ideas to improve the performance of our effector and Cas proteins
- Very strong molecular biology skills (molecular cloning, DNA and RNA handling etc.)
Highly desirable bonus skills:
- Knowledge of, and/or background in DNA- and histone-binding proteins and their modifications
- CRISPR experience would be a bonus.
What you will accomplish here:
- Design and build high-content protein libraries using rational engineering methodologies
- Use in vitro selection technologies to isolate proteins with desired properties
- Optimize engineered proteins and antibodies through directed engineering efforts
- Characterize engineered proteins in vivo biochemical assays
- Develop screening assays (in vitro and in vivo) and selection methods for engineered protein variants
- Document experiments and data
- Collaborate closely with other teams