Senior Scientist Pharmacology
Reporting to the Director, Pharmacology, the Senior Scientist, Pharmacology, is responsible for supporting projects across preclinical portfolio.
Role & Responsibilities
• Represent function on project teams and regularly interface with internal stakeholders to advise and guide data interpretation, experimental design and tactics.
• Responsible for building and maintaining effective CRO and consultant relationships that support the execution of in vivo pharmacology studies.
• Design and implement studies to investigate the efficacy, safety and PK/PD of protein therapeutics including analysis of data with the appropriate statistical tools
• Develop experimental strategy to understand the mechanisms of toxicity as needed
• Responsible for risk assessment of new targets
• Responsible for the preparation of Safety Pharmacology and Toxicology sections of regulatory documents (IND, CTA, BLA, briefing books, Investigator brochures, etc.)
• Interface with regulatory agencies as required
• Responsible for the preparation of data summaries and presentations of results to internal and external stakeholders, as required.
• Review study protocols and draft study reports, providing feedback as needed and responsible for report finalization.
• Develop and implement SOP’s to guide functional activities.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient. Ability to manage complex research and development functions and timelines through outsourced or partnered workflows is a requirement. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action. Excellent analytical skills, ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way, and ability to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- PhD in Immunology Pharmacology, Cancer Biology, or related field.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience or MS with 8+ years’ experience within a biopharma environment.
- Experience in cell therapy or immuno-oncology.
- Experience in running and managing in vivo studies through CROs a plus.
- Hands on experience in relevant bench skills (Flow, ELISA, qPCR, Histology etc).
- Experience working on cross functional drug discovery teams.
- Willingness to be both a strategic leader and hands-on problem solver.
- Superior oral and written communication skills are required.
- Strong creativity, independent thinking and results orientation is required.
- Must have high ethical standards and impeccable integrity.
- Strong people leadership abilities, including inspiring and motivating a high performing team, setting clear direction, enabling cross-functional collaboration, empowering people, and developing and coaching talent.
- Ability to understand stakeholder concerns and frame issues/proposals to influence decision making.
- Decision Making Risk Management
- Time Management Business Planning
- Strategic thinker Implementing Plans
- CRO Management Analysis & Reporting
- Leadership & Team Development
- Honesty/Integrity Communications
- Self-starter Forward thinking
- Creative/imaginative Confident
- Self-controlled Intuitive
- Positive Committed
- Ambitious/driven Agile
- Collaborative Transparent
We look for talented, entrepreneurial people who share our values.
We are called to put the safety of our patients and employees first, and to act with integrity and the highest ethical standards. To achieve our mission, we must collaborate across the Company at all levels, and we must hold ourselves and our teams accountable for delivering the progress we commit to, on the timelines we set. We embrace diversity, we include people and their ideas, and we aspire to excellence by listening, understanding, sharing and responding. We want you to be fully engaged, to develop personally and professionally through this chapter in your life, and to have fun along the way.
Artiva Biotherapeutics is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination based upon a protected category, as well as an environment free from retaliation for protected activity.
- The opportunity to work with a team of highly experienced professionals from clinical to regulatory to CMC to research and early development
- To be part of building a company on the cutting edge of cell therapy that may be a game changer to patients in a culture that is entrepreneurial, highly collaborative, and innovative.
- Competitive compensation, including bonus.
- Equity program.
- Health and welfare benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K, EAP.