Sr. Engineer - AML14
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Sr Engineer AML 14 Formulation and Filling FacilityLive
What you will do
The Sr Engineer role provides and/or directs the characterization of process optimization strategies and/or equipment troubleshooting of operational issues in the operations, manufacturing or capital projects environment. Applies advanced and diverse engineering principles to the design and implementation of major system modifications, experiments, process and/or capital projects. Develops, organizes, analyzes and presents interpretation of results for operational issues or engineering projects of significant scope and complexity
- Provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Under general supervision will evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques and procedures. Assistance given for unusual problems.
- Perform assignments that have clear and specific objectives and require investigation of limited number of variables.
- Initiate and complete routine technical tasks.
- Function as a technical expert to equipment or systems regarding troubleshooting operations. Frequently become actively involved in daily operations when required to meet schedules or to resolve complex problems.
- Routinely monitor manufacturing processes for performance indicators and operations. Suggest problem resolution and provide troubleshooting guidance.
- Routinely audit the operational performance and regulatory compliance of a moderate number of equipment items or systems of significant complexity.
- Work with research, manufacturing, maintenance, process development, utilities, facilities, quality assurance and/or validation departments in developing requirements and recommendations for system modifications.
- Work under the direct supervision of project managers to complete design, engineering, and construction projects within schedule and budget constraints.
- Work with consultants, architects and engineering firms on development of standard design documents.
- Obtain and critique quotes for equipment modifications or installations.
- Generate rudimentary project cost estimates and schedules.
- Communicate and collaborate with technical and management staff within Manufacturing, Process Development, and Quality departments.
Support non-standard shift organization and extended hours, as per business needs.Win
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The [vital attribute] professional we seek is a [type of person] with these qualifications.
Doctorate degree in Engineering
Masters degree in Engineering and 3 years of experience in GMP regulated environment
Bachelors degree in Engineering and 5 years of experience in GMP regulated environmentBeyond this, preferred qualifications are:
- Educational Background in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical/biotech processes
- Owns and understand the Equipment Life Cycle (CMMS)
- Experience with complete validation processes
- Ability to operate specialized laboratory equipment and computers as appropriate.
- Ability to interpret and apply GLPs and GMPs.
- Ability to apply engineering science to production.
- Support Investigations as needed.
- Able to develop solutions to routine technical problems of limited scope
- Demonstrated skills in the following areas:
- Problem solving and applied engineering.
- Technical writing reports and presentations
- Verbal and written Communication in Spanish and English
- Dealing with and managing change
- Analytical Problem Solving
- Computer Literacy
- Project management
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.