Senior Analyst, Commercial Analytics
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
As a key member of the Commercial Analytics team, this individual will play an important role in the continued success and growth of franchise sales. This individual will closely collaborate with internal stakeholders from a variety of groups including Market Research, Finance, Forecasting, IT, Marketing, and Sales, to conduct analytics that support the decision-making and brand planning process at AbbVie.
- To provide analytic leadership and integrate marketing and sales information to:
- Strengthen the brand team understanding of marketplace performance and opportunities through tracking, modeling, and analysis of physician, patient, managed care, competitive and economic factors
- Inform the annual financial forecasting and brand planning processes – through the application of predictive models that evaluate sales contribution due to promotion
- Develop fact-based promotional investment strategies that increase the return on promotional investments
- Meaningfully communicate insights and information to a broad group of stakeholders through exceptional oral and written communication
- Identify and recommend key issues to be addressed by analytics; recommend appropriate technique and analytic approach to meet business objectives under manager’s guidance.
- Analyze and interpret analytic data, summarize results, and clearly and persuasively communicate findings, implications and recommendations verbally and in writing.
- Manage coordination with cross-functional and/or vendor teams (on- and off-shore) to ensure seamless translation of analysis requests into timely results
- Understand and apply industry secondary data sources to inform product performance and develop a holistic understanding of the disease, market and competitive environment through the use of advanced analytics, KPI development, and more
- Integrate strong understanding of the therapeutic area and customers into analytic interpretations and recommendations.
- Demonstrate understanding of and collaboration within a matrix organization
- BA or BS degree required.
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in quantitative analysis of sales and marketing information and the use of this information in the development of business plans and strategies.
- The role also requires strong leadership skills and a proven ability to work closely and effectively with all corporate functions and management.
- Must exhibit proficiency commensurate with grade in the following competencies:
- Anticipate future needs, build collaborative partnerships, design and implement innovative solutions, demystify complex information, and communicate insights and solutions
- Master’s degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Business Administration, Chemistry, Biology, Engineering Economics, Statistics, Marketing or in a closely related field of study with a concentration in marketing/sales/quantitative analysis
- Pharma experience preferred
Key Abbvie Competencies
- Strong communication, presentation, and inter-personal skills
- Experience working with and managing multiple external agencies including advertising, media, digital, database agencies and internal partners
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Understanding of the basic principles of brand management, including brand positioning, personality & overall campaign development
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.