Director, Global Business Analytics
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Director, Global Business Analytics is the integrative leadership role that brings together the functional expertise of Business Analytics, Data Science and Outcomes Measurement with commercial strategy and execution of Global, Area and Affiliate teams.
- Drive the Commercial Business Analytics capability for AbbVie
- Lead, coach and develop a high-performing team of professionals (employees and consultants/flex resources) to provide best practice analytics and consulting to the commercial organization
- Define and co-create analytical Use Cases with Global Brand Teams, Capability Teams (e.g. Digital Transformation, In-Field Team Excellence, Exceptional Patient Experience) and key affiliates
- Establish analytical standards and practices including systems, dashboards and processes
- Manage the development and implementation of advanced tools and techniques for understanding markets, customers, and competitors
- Develop and implement predictive analytics and forecasting capabilities as well as marketing mix optimization and other advanced analytics that help AbbVie make better data-informed investment decisions
- Elevate both HQ and Affiliate understanding of how analytics and impact measurement can accelerate agility and improve investment decisions
- Guide purchasing decisions regarding appropriate data sets to understand, monitor, and track existing and new therapy areas
- Oversee the tracking and monitoring of on-market and launch brands
- Lead efforts to refine and facilitate effective ways of working with top Affiliates
- Manage department budget and resources
- 10+ years leading a global analytics and data science organization
- BA or BS degree required
- Pharmaceutical Market Analytics experience in multiple therapy areas
- Excellent communication and team building skills
- Track record of successfully driving change and delivering results in ambiguous environments and working in a high performing matrix organization
- Strong critical thinking skills with ability to frame business issues and apply data analysis to support real-time decision making
- Business leader with strong business acumen who has translational capabilities between data analytics and business questions
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, global environment with multiple priorities that require strong project management and decision making capabilities
- Ability to establish mutually productive and positive relationships with internal and external groups
- Experience of working in a regulated environment with Legal and Compliance organizations
- Advanced degree (e.g. MBA or MA) in business or social science preferred.
- Advanced statistical and data science knowledge is a plus
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.