Associate Director, Business HR - US Commercial Immunology
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Headquartered in the Chicagoland Area, AbbVie is a global research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013. The Company's mission is to create an innovation-driven, patient-focused specialty biopharmaceutical company capable of achieving sustainable top-tier performance through outstanding execution and a consistent stream of innovative new medicines. With market leadership in attractive growth segments including Immunology, Oncology, Aesthetics, and Eye Care, AbbVie employs approximately 47,000 colleagues worldwide and markets medicines in more than 175 countries.
As an HR (Human Resources) professional at AbbVie, we seek to fully develop our colleagues’ skills so that we can demonstrate our collective diversity of opinions, cultures, and experiences in all that we do. You will leverage best-in-class HR practices to continually construct, deliver, and support programs that further establish AbbVie as an employer of choice while empowering all colleagues at all levels of the organization to accomplish and grow.
Based in the Chicagoland, Area, we have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Director, Business Human Resources (BHR) supporting our U.S. Commercial Immunology organization. Reporting to the Director, BHR for U.S. Commercial Immunology, the Associate Director, BHR will be the trusted people advisor and strategist to one of the three U.S. Commercial Immunology franchises – Rheumatology, Dermatology, or Gastroenterology – helping shape our culture, influencing & supporting business strategies, and attracting & developing the talent necessary to make a remarkable impact on patients, our North Star.
In this key position, you will understand the business strategy and partner with franchise leadership to build and implement people strategies & tactics that achieve both short- and long-term strategic objectives. U.S. Commercial Immunology is an unparalleled and externally-recognized leader in this therapeutic area for over a decade, and continues to be one of AbbVie’s stated key growth areas. This is a tremendous opportunity for an experienced BHR leader to work with Sales & Marketing leaders across the country in a fast-paced and dynamic environment that will have a direct impact on our U.S. Commercial business and the patients that we serve.
Key Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Lead BHR partner to a franchise Vice President and his/her leadership team
- Serve as the HR technical expert to all colleagues across the franchise, developing HR strategies, needs assessments, and measurable solutions
- Leverage data and insights to develop, coordinate, and implement HR strategies that meet & anticipate changing organizational needs and growth plans
- Ensure the effective awareness and delivery of all of AbbVie’s HR programs and services, which include performance management, talent management, total rewards, organizational design, organizational effectiveness, and equity, equality, diversity & inclusion
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with HR Centers of Excellence partners to ensure all elements of HR are successfully coordinated to meet business needs
- Be the ambassador of the AbbVie HR organization by leading or co-leading initiatives anchoring to our enterprise All for One AbbVie philosophy
- Balance hard work and impeccable ethics with creating an inclusive environment that builds upon and protects AbbVie’s strong reputation as a great place to work
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
- 8-10+ years of breadth of experience across diverse HR functions at large complex environments
- 5-7+ years of experience as a Business HR Partner
- Strong coaching, influencing, and communication (written, verbal, and presentation) capabilities demonstrated across multiple stakeholders/audiences
- Successful experience partnering effectively across geographies, cultures, and backgrounds
- Strong business acumen, project management, and technical proficiency in workplace technology & systems (e.g., Workday, meeting platforms, Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations and standards affecting employment
- Prior pharma experience (ideally in Commercial) preferred
- Open to future assignments within and outside the U.S., so as to grow and develop your career with us across AbbVie’s many businesses and functions
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Learns fast, grasps the “essence”, and can change course quickly when necessary
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions, championing continuous improvement
- Embraces the ideas of others; nurtures innovation and manages it to reality
- Readily applies good judgment and situational leadership, flexing between high IQ and high EQ
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.