R&D Associate (Bispecific Antibodies)
We are seeking an R&D Associate to join the Bispecific Antibodies group. The ideal candidate will be part of a team responsible for novel therapeutic molecule development and target discovery research across multiple therapeutic areas. Core responsibilities will include plasmid construction, mammalian cell expression and high-throughput protein purification, characterization of conventional and novel antibody formats using in-vitro methodologies, such as flow cytometry and immunoassays. The candidate will be responsible for data analysis and for the reporting of results in internal meetings.
As an R&D Associate in Bispecifics, a typical day may include the following:
• Perform routine molecular biology techniques such as construct design, plasmid purification, site-directed mutagenesis, PCR, gel electrophoresis, and western blotting.
• Mammalian cell culture using primary and established cell lines.
• Assist with small and large-scale protein expression.
• Perform high-throughput protein purification and maintain an organized database/inventory.
• Design, optimize, and execute in-vitro bioassays to assess antibody therapeutics' functional properties, primarily via flow cytometry (FACS) and immunoassays such as ELISA, and be able to effectively troubleshoot
• Compile and analyze data by Excel, FlowJo, and graphic software (i.e. Prism).
• Maintain an accurate and up-to-date electronic lab notebook.
• Assist in the organization of lab supplies and equipment/chemicals management.
• Actively participate in intra- and interdepartment meetings and present data.
This role may be for you if:
• You have astounding attention to detail and an aptitude for learning
• You have strong organizational and time management skills
• You are an engaging and effective presenter
• You have excellent communication and collaborative skills
• You are looking to work in a cutting-edge environment to design new therapies
• You enjoy cross-functional and fast-paced work
• You are looking to expand your knowledge and skillset in the field of immunotherapies
To be considered for this role, you must have a BS/MS + 2 years of experience with a strong background in molecular biology, protein purification, and cell biology. Excellent communication skills and attention to detail for database management are essential. Experience with recombinant DNA technologies (i.e. cloning), cell biology, flow cytometry, and mammalian cell culture are required. Experience with in vitro bioassays and knowledge of immunotherapy concepts including multi-specific antibodies is a plus.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.