BTS Financial Business Systems Analyst
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Provide direct support to the Operations Financial manufacturing and supply organization. The candidate will understand the financial planning processes and how to leverage enabling technologies of SAP, data warehousing, master data management and IBM Planning and Analytics. Provides solutions with a global perspective to ensuring systems are integrated to the standards set by OPS finance. Discovers and evaluates business needs to recommend, develop and implement future financial solutions bringing value and continuous improvement to the business.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures. This includes any PII or SOX policies and procedures
- Uses appropriate tools to collect, correlate and analyze data; records and maintains technical data for use in developing operating and instruction manuals.
- Assists in the development of standards and procedures. Prepares written reports of work.
- Determines approach and solution to problem when issue is within scope of own ability.
- Conducts users training
- Applies analytical thinking skills to diagnose and make recommendations on systems. Incorporates knowledge of business and technology to make recommendations. Translates data gathered from user discussions into business requirements. Identifies business/system needs and recommends solutions.
- Assists with the testing strategies and develops preliminary findings. Conducts tests (Functional and UAT); develops preliminary findings for review by experienced analysts.
- Work is performed and technical decisions are made with a high degree of independence and performance is judged by results obtained
- Works effectively with team/group to accomplish organizational goals. Actively participates in client or team meetings by offering suggestions
- Monitors and organizes the efforts of technical and business support staff on projects. Manages projects according to milestones and completes tasks assigned by more experienced analysts and managers. Guides the efforts of less experienced staff. Exercises latitude in approach to problem and solution.
- College degree in Information Systems, related field, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Experience in the systems development, implementation, and operations of a large-scale, enterprise systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively lead and facilitate meetings with customers and technical team members.
- Must be deliverables focused and detail oriented.
- Must exhibit exceptional teamwork skills.
- Must have a strong customer focus.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.