Patient ConneX Solutions Lead
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an innovative, patient focused organization that continuously strives to provide exceptional patient experiences. This position is a critical role within US Commercial Business Technology Solutions (BTS), responsible for providing appropriate technology consultation and leadership to AbbVie’s Patient ConneX organization to successfully deliver planned strategic & tactical objectives.
This prospective candidate will be accountable to plan, develop and lead roadmap necessary for BTS organization to deliver technology capabilities for assigned Patient Services function, which includes Patient Contact Center and Patient Intake Center. The candidate will work with Business leaders and their staff to document business, financial, and operational demands of existing Telephony and Intake technology ecosystems, as well as have accountability to collaborate with technology delivery team to successfully implement approved changes.
This role will collaborate with assigned Patient Services Functional leads, Care Model Operations, Patient/Consumer Technology Services and Architecture BTS, Enterprise BTS and Vendor partners across a highly matrixed organization, to impact and influence development of both existing and upcoming technology solutions leveraged within the assigned function. Success of the candidate will be measured based on BTS’s performance to strategic roadmap, timely management of risks, development insights related to industry trends and benchmarks, and management of opportunities for improvement.
- This position is responsible for overseeing and designing a portfolio of technology projects from ideation to completion, including securing cross-functional alignment on project scope, benefits, cost, and timeline.
- Proactively understand the business strategies and the technology needs of assigned Patient Services function to determine short-term and long-term BTS priorities and lead creation of BTS roadmap to support the same.
- Drive alignment between evolving business needs and corporate technology strategies.
- Identify current and emerging industry trends relevant to assigned Patient Services function and evaluate technology solutions that could be appropriate in short term and long-term.
- Develop comprehensive project estimates and timelines by soliciting input and collecting feedback from all impacted stakeholders. Work across IT and business functions to negotiate and secure the availability of resources to meet the demands of the assigned function.
- Ensure that systems are architected in a way that results in technology synergies and simplified integration to help manage multi-vendor relationships and Home Office Data Integrations.
- Understand data, analytics/insights and technology capabilities relevant to assigned Patient Services function and recommend appropriate enrichment/improvement opportunities.
- Provide visibility to business and technology leadership on the status, benefits, costs, and risks of new requests and in-process projects within the function.
- Expected to work effectively across various US Commercial BTS functions, Enterprise BTS teams, external partners/vendors, and US Commercial business stakeholders.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable AbbVie Policies and procedures.
- Work with minimal oversight; deliverables and relationships are monitored through periodic reviews.
- Bachelor's Degree with 7 years’ experience; Master's Degree with 6 years’ experience; PhD with 2 years’ experience.
Work experience including business analysis, project management, portfolio management, and strategic planning.
- Work experience including business analysis, project management, portfolio management, and strategic planning.
- Experience with data integration projects or care coordination platforms.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to building trust, listen, and ask effective questions.
- Innovative thinking and the ability to leverage past-experience to be successful in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Interest in technology trends and application of technology to improve end user’s experience.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and health data compliance best practices.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification and/or proficient in project management practices, portfolio review, finance and budgeting
- Proven track record of effective project leadership and positive results.
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment
- Ability to self-manage time and priorities.
- Working knowledge of IT pricing and contracting practices.
- Understands the pharmaceutical market including role of providers, patients, payers, distributors and policy makers.
- Understands how Patient Intake and Contact centers operate in real-world and typical challenges/opportunities that exist within these ecosystems.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.