Temporary Facilities Technician
Manager: Facilities Mechanic
Department: General & Administration
Location: Brisbane, CA
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and in vivo genome regulation. At Sangamo, we are passionate in developing genomic medicines to transform the lives of patients with serious diseases. We transform lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo genome editing. Our top priority is to meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion. Along with our commitment to science and to our patients, we also endeavor to create an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow and develop their expertise.
We are seeking top talent to join our mission. Let’s build a better future together.
The Facilities Technician is responsible for maintaining Sangamo’s office and lab space. Provides technical support to facilities maintenance and engineering, building & facilities systems (plumbing, electrical, HVAC, compressed air, chilled water) and other utilities infrastructure. This customer interfacing position will monitor facilities requests ensuring they are acknowledged and resolved in a timely manner.
- Assists in managing maintenance and repair activities to meet the Company’s objectives.
- Work includes troubleshooting, ordering and installation of parts and material on various equipment.
- Oversees and completes preventive maintenance work on all plant equipment including air handlers, utility distribution equipment located throughout the plant. Will perform predictive maintenance where applicable.
- Performs lab services duties in support of lab operations, including media preparation, glass wash, and sterilizer operation.
- Medical biohazard waste handling for disposal.
- Writes reports, memos, operating procedures and correspondence as required or directed.
- Acts as a liaison with vendors and contractors as needed. Recommends alternative products or services to accomplish goals.
- Provides support on the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) operation. Monitors, acknowledges and closes facilities tickets.
- Coordinate and assist with office moves.
- Plan and perform basic building repairs, miscellaneous jobs and handyman work as needed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- High school graduate or GED
- 3+ years direct\hands on technical experience with related roles in biotechnology.
- Organization and planning
- Attention to detail
- Basic computer skills i.e. MS Office
- Physical ability to perform non-technical job requirements
- Knowledge of electrical and other construction trades preferred
- Communication skills (verbal, written) to gather feedback and get clarity on miscellaneous job duties.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is occasionally required to lift, carry (up to 50 pounds), stoop, bend, kneel, climb, crawl, push, pull or perform other physical activities
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
The above duties are representative only; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.