Sr Associate IS Bus Sys Analyst
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.Sr. Associate IS Bus Sys Analyst
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be responsible for all activities related to managing and supporting Covid contact tracing technical solutions and associated hardware as well as incorporating new technologies under the challenge of a sophisticated and constantly evolving technology landscape. The successful candidate for this position will be located at our Amgen Manufacturing Ltd, Puerto Rico site and will collaborate with the Senior Manager of Information Systems.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for achieving overall technical integrity of organization's systems.
- Conducts routine hardware and software audits of servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Develops and maintains operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation. Develops and promotes standard operating procedures.
- Provides support and consultation to remote locations or clients to identify requirements and configuration resources.
- Ensures data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
- Ensures long-term requirements of systems operations and administration are included in the overall information systems planning and budgeting of the organization.
- Implements operating system enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system. Maintains growth statistics, space forecasts, tape libraries, and software and hardware inventories.
- Performs data backups and recoveries. Maintains production change control schedule and participates in change control.
- Monitors and maintains compliance with system software licensing and hardware and software maintenance agreements.
- Monitors and tunes systems to achieve optimum performance levels. Creates tools to ease production process. Automates routine procedures. Maintains servers, creates monitoring reports and logs, and ensures functionality of links.
- Ensures server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions. Performs software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
- Schedules hardware and software installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining operating system servers, in support of business processing requirements. Troubleshoots problems, responds to escalation and performs repairs as needed on a 24x7 basis for critical services.
- Works on system-level services to ensure proper patch levels on applications and operating systems.
- Ensures that the user community understands and adheres to necessary procedures to maintain security.
- Updates and deletes user accounts, privileges, permissions, etc. Monitors and performs follow-up on compliance violations, and develops security policies, practices and guidelines.
- Keeps abreast of current technologies through vendor discussions, media, seminars and formal training.
- This position may require after hours responsibilities, on-call support and server maintenance
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Sr. Associate IS Bus Sys Analyst professional we seek is an individual contributor with these qualifications:
Bachelor's degree and 2 years of Information Systems experience
Associate's degree and 6 years of Information Systems experience
Beyond that, the additional preferred qualifications are:
- Educational background in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
- 2 years of experience as a Scrum Master or product owner or project manager
- Professional certifications in Project Management, Scrum Master, or similar.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills with prior experience working with large sets of data to derive insights.
- Experience in Software Engineering with a consistent track record of specification, design and development.
- Programming experience in languages like C#, Java, R or Python are good to have.
- Experienced in REST API development and/or consumption.
- Solid understanding in relational databases with a strong SQL skillset.
- Experience with Cloud (e.g. AWS), Big data (e.g. Databricks), Container (e.g. Docker) technologies and HPC (high performance computing) environments
- Experience in designing and supporting web applications including familiarity with web technologies and frameworks (Ext JS, D3.js, React)
- Solid experience working with agile methodology & DevOps frameworks (Jenkins, JIRA, Confluence, Github) with successful experience working in a distributed and collaborative team environment
- Experience in troubleshooting and debugging applications.
- An effective problem solver with the ability to understand and resolve sophisticated issues.
- Drive high quality technical designs and solutions
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Resourcefulness, flexibility and ability to learn on the job
- Experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
- Experience working with test-driven development and software test automation
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
Apply now and join our Talent Commu
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.