Biotechnology Drug Development Project Manager
Alto Neuroscience is developing a new generation of precision therapeutics for the treatment of mental illnesses, based on a platform built on large-scale biomarker data, clinical outcomes and cutting-edge artificial intelligence analysis tools. The team combines world-leading neuroscientists, engineers and business executives with a singular focus on transforming the diagnosis and treatment of mental illnesses.
Currently, there is no objective way to diagnose psychiatric illness, nor to identify which treatment is best for an individual patient. Treatment selection is presently done by trial-and-error as there are no reliable blood tests nor objective brain measures, for example, that can inform these decisions. Alto is focused on addressing this need by developing new medications that are more effective by virtue of being personalized -- whereby each person gets the right drug for their brain. Come join us on our mission to re-imagine and re-engineer the treatment of mental illnesses!
We are seeking an experienced Drug Development Project Manager capable of leading the full lifecycle management for a drug. The PM will be responsible for working with internal and external resources to deliver exceptional, high quality project plans across all phases from concept to market. This is a hands-on position requiring leadership on all aspects of development, from mouse to man. This position requires the capability and openness to embrace and work within a very fast paced leading edge environment that is not just doing more of the same. This is your chance to contribute to an entrepreneurial organization driven off innovation that is focused on improving the mental health of patients worldwide.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain Program Development Plans and functionally integrated project schedules to enable accurate project, financial and portfolio analyses and ensure accurate inputs are provided into business planning processes. Ensure alignment with project sub-teams and functional partners.
- Proactively identify project risks; prepare mitigation and contingency plans and also to be open to considering and pursuing innovative approaches
- Oversee and prepare project team budget including resources and costs, collaborating with Finance and other cross-functional departments.
- Communicate, document and archive project team activities and decisions. Act as a primary contact for project team related information.
- Facilitate project team meetings, cross-functional communication and decision making, ensuring alignment with internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify, recommend and implement opportunities for streamlining team and business processes.
- Partner with the team leader to ensure the team achieves and maintains a high-level of sustainable performance by contributing to team management best practices.
Skills and Qualifications
- A BA or BS degree in the Life Sciences
- Greater than 5 years multi-disciplinary knowledge of the biotech/pharmaceutical industry, with at least 3 years direct project management in drug development
- Confidence to problem solve, challenge decisions and defend ideas and willingness to own problems.
- Strong proficiency with the application of project management practices, tools, and methodology to the drug development process
- Financial acumen; capable of planning and oversight of project budgets and product valuations; understanding of portfolio management concepts
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to develop important relationships with colleagues, customers and key stakeholders.
- Ability to translate strategy into action; strong influence, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Experience using Project Management software to manage complex project timelines and resources. Proficient in MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Global experience and PMP certification is a plus.
- Experience supporting early stage to late stage development projects, including IND filing activities, is a plus
Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.