Senior Scientist, Viral Vector Process Development
- Bay Area cell therapy startup with exceptionally high employee morale seeking a senior process engineer to contribute innovative technical skills in downstream viral vector process development.
- Will serve as a strategic leader in identifying and evaluating novel process technologies to help refine systems and practices for improved robustness, scalability, and purity for viral vector production.
- Chance to join a growing startup with a cutting-edge cell therapy platform and a highly-collaborative work culture that promotes skill-building and professional growth.
- PhD, MS, or BS with sufficient expertise in viral vector process development.
- Industry experience in a drug development environment with a focus on downstream purification for development of robust and scalable processes for production of retrovirus-based viral vectors.
- Proven skill and motivation to identify, design, execute, and evaluate novel systems and practices for viral vector production.
- Experience in development and production specifically for large-scale viral manufacturing to increase process robustness and to improve downstream scale-propriate yield and downstream purification..
- Use of technical tools that include qPCR / flow cytometry and bioreactor process development for viral manufacturing, and in-medium selection and optimization.
- Creativity, self-direction, and organization.
- Strong communication and cross-functional collaboration skills.
- Desire to contribute and build upon existing technical and leadership skills in a dynamic, productive, and uniquely collaborative team environment.
- Keywords: aseptic technique, cell banking, bio reactor, AAV, bioreactor, harvest, adherent, suspension, CQAa, qPCR, flow cytometry.
APPLY via BioSpace or email CV directly to email@example.com with job code on subject line: SrPE21May