Scientist I, Cell Line Generation [JC-1384]
LakePharma is the leading US-based biologics contract research, development, and manufacturing organization (CRDMO). The company has developed a range of technologies and capabilities in antibody discovery, protein engineering, cell line development, protein optimization, and GMP manufacturing. With comprehensive technologies, integrated platforms, and five facilities located in key biopharma hubs on both the East and West Coast, LakePharma enables and supports the discovery and development of the biologics of tomorrow.
The incumbent will be responsible for developing stable cell lines in suspension CHO cells using different methods of selection pressure and clone screening support both antibody and protein research cell bank generation. The employee will be responsible for general lab support, executing projects within the laboratory, writing study/research plans, and summarizing data to clients and colleagues via technical reports. The successful candidate will be able to work with limited guidance to plan and execute studies and be able to perform routine maintenance on instruments and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Stable cell line generation and cell culture using suspension CHO lines.
- Execute all aspects of mammalian stable cell line generation operations, including transfection, selection, maintenance and expansion of cell lines, limiting dilution & clone screening, and production of recombinant proteins and antibodies through fed-batch technologies.
- Review analytical results from cell growth and purification of product (such as CE-SDS, SE-UPLC) and provide clear data and conclusions to clients and colleagues
- Communicate written and verbal project updates to project managers, senior level management, and clients.
- Identify and promptly troubleshoot technical issues.
- Compile data and maintain electronic records, batch records, and activity logs used to support/contribute to technical/development reports for technology transfer and regulatory submission.
- Collaborate in multi-functional teams to successfully execute projects developing cell lines and biologics for clients.
- Flexibility to multi-task across numerous scientific disciplines.
The position requires a drive to provide outstanding customer service by maintaining regular communications with clients, as well as meeting or exceeding quality and timeline expectations.
- BS/MS (5+ years research experience)/PhD (2+ years research experience) in Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, or Chemical Engineering.
- Expertise in mammalian expression systems.
- Significant experience in these areas:
- Experience with scalable mammalian (CHO) cell culture processes for production of recombinant fusion proteins and antibodies.
- Ability to produce high quality and timely reports.
- Experience operating equipment including Vi-CELL and FLEX2; knowledge of Octet.
- Good organizational skills are required.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must be able to clearly and accurately present written data and be comfortable with oral presentations.
- Independent, collaborative, team player.
- Excellent multi-tasking abilities and exceptional attention to details are required.
To be successful in this role, you are organized and a clear communicator. You’re, upbeat, responsive and thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
If you are looking for an opportunity to provide challenge and growth and this role excites you, please Apply Today!
Work is performed in an office and laboratory environment. May be exposed to biological and chemical hazards. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 30lbs. Must be able to work while wearing personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, gloves, and lab coats deemed necessary to protect testing and to protect employees. Work is to be performed on site.
This job description is not necessarily a comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities. The employer reserves the right to revise key functions of this position at any time.
LakePharma is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.