Associate Scientist or Scientist, BioExpression [JC-1383]
LakePharma is the leading US-based biologics contract research, development, and manufacturing organization (CRDMO). The company has developed a range of technologies and capabilities in antibody discovery, protein engineering, cell line development, protein optimization, and GMP manufacturing. With comprehensive technologies, integrated platforms, and five facilities located in key biopharma hubs on both the East and West Coast, LakePharma enables and supports the discovery and development of the biologics of tomorrow.
Location: Belmont, CA
The BioExpression Team is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our highly collaborative DNA Cloning Group as an Associate Scientist or Scientist. In this role, you will provide scientific and technical contributions in a face-paced environment. The candidate must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize tasks to meet timelines, and be able to work both individually as well as in a team setting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Follow SOPs to perform molecular biology techniques in a high-throughput scale
• Analyze sequences to quality control final products
• Troubleshoot cloning issues with limited guidance
• Communicate project updates and technical reports to cross function teams
• Contribute to SOPs and technical reports
• Document experimental work in physical and/or digital laboratory notebooks and batch records
• Maintain laboratory instruments and inventory of supplies
• Provide general lab support
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Biology, Biochemistry, or related fields with 1+ years of industry experience
• Experience performing various molecular biology techniques and sequence analysis software
• Experience running PCRs, agarose gel electrophoresis, and DNA purification kits
• Knowledge of E. coli and other bacterial strains a plus
• Ability to prioritize responsibilities, multi-task, and remain flexible with changing needs
• Highly organized with strong documentation habits required
• Must be motivated and able to work under tight deadlines
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
• Able to work effectively in cross functional teams to solve molecular cloning problems
• Strong ability to manage work with minimal supervision
• Work is performed in an office and laboratory environment with exposure to electrical office equipment, biological and chemical hazards, and cryogenic material.
• This position requires long periods of sitting or standing for extended periods of time; prolonged standing for more than 2 hours may be required.
• Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Light to moderate lifting and transfer objects with a maximum lift of 30 lbs, on a regular basis, bend, stoop, kneel, and do repetitive tasks