Associate Scientist I/II [JC-1445, JC-1446]
LakePharma is the leading US-based biologics contract research, development, and manufacturing organization (CRDMO). The company has developed a range of technologies and capabilities in antibody discovery, protein engineering, cell line development, protein optimization, and GMP manufacturing. With comprehensive technologies, integrated platforms, and five facilities located in key biopharma hubs on both the East and West Coast, LakePharma enables and supports the discovery and development of the biologics of tomorrow.
An Associate Scientist in the Discovery Immunology group has the necessary technical skills to assist team Scientists in the discovery of great antibodies. An Associate Scientist in DI is responsible for assisting in all steps of the hybridoma antibody discovery workflow.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, perform, analyze, and document laboratory experiments in support of hybridoma-based antibody discovery. Types of experiments include FACS, ELISA, cell culture, and rodent immunizations.
- Maintain laboratory instruments
- Work collaboratively under aggressive timelines
- BS/BA/MS in life sciences or related discipline with 1+ years’ experience with immunology, cell biology, or antibody research is required.
- Impeccable cell culture and sterile technique
- Experience with ELISA assays
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent trouble shooting skills with a logical thought process
- Extraordinary attention to detail and planning
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, GraphPad Prism
Work is performed in an office and laboratory environment. May be exposed to biological and chemical hazards. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 30lbs. Must be able to work while wearing personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, gloves, and lab coats deemed necessary to protect testing and to protect employees. Work is to be performed on site. Occasional travel within the United States. Interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups.
This job description is not necessarily a comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities. The employer reserves the right to revise key functions of this position at any time.
LakePharma is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.