Corporate Affairs Manager - Patient Assistance Programs
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like you're part of something bigger, it's because you are. At Amgen, our shared mission-to serve patients-drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world's leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve together-researching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. It's time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Corporate Affairs Manager - Patient Assistance Programs
What you will do
Let's do this. Let's change the world. In this vital role you will be based at our corporate campus located in Thousand Oaks, California. This Manager will report directly to the Patient Assistance Programs Senior Manager of Corporate Affairs.
The Corporate Affairs Manager - PAP will be the operations lead for the Amgen Safety Net Foundation supporting General Medicine products to ensure the program aligns with board approve business guidelines and meets key performance thresholds. This dynamic role will be responsible for supporting Amgen's PAP program through advanced analytics, financial planning, fulfillment and logistics management, as well as providing operating reviews to the Board of Directors.
The Manager will work closely with the Senior Manager and Director of Patient Access in supporting PAP operations and will require strong project management experience. Overall, the role offers a unique opportunity to work in a fast-paced matrix environment interfacing with cross functional Amgen teams partnered (such as Law & Compliance, Quality, Marketing, Supply Chain, etc.) and/or external partners aligned to support Amgen's PAPs.
Key responsibilities of the Corporate Affairs Manager - PAP will include:
ASNF (U.S. PAP) Brand Oversight & Ownership of:
- Aimovig ™, ENBREL, Prolia®, Repatha®, Corlanor®, Sensipar®
- Vendor Management: Responsible for day-to-day operations of the ASNF call center
- Fulfillment Management: Manage for the end-to-end process for ASNF Direct to Patient Pharmacy Shipments (Specialty Pharmacy)
- End-to-End process includes management of inventory with Amgen Supply Chain down to the "last mile" with products delivered to patient's door-step
- Financial & Accounting Management: Develop forecasting and budget allocations for owned product franchises
- Product demand forecasting and LRP budgeting
- Tracking of COGs in relation to actual spend vs. forecast
- Manage program KPIs and escalations
- Attend Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly Business Reviews
- Ensure ANSF key performance indicators for the General Medicine products are maintained in accordance to contractual agreements
- Provide executive updates regarding program status via analytics and product data
- Manage escalations and drive resolutions to completion
- Advisor for key meetings (Access Forums, BOD, Governance, Corporate Affairs, etc.)
- Provide insight for strategic projects (benchmarking, industry standards, etc.)
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients.
Advanced degree in business, modeling or analytics
2+ years of patient assistance program and/or access reimbursement experience
- Proficient in decision analysis and probabilistic modeling methods
- Ability to modulate communications based on target audience
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Demonstrates high creativity; is largely self-directed, able to work with some supervision, and function effectively on multidisciplinary teams, both as participant and leader
- Strong executive presence with senior leaders including the ability to communicate effectively on a prepared and ad-hoc basis
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders
- Action and results-oriented individual
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal communication skills, self-confidence, decisiveness
- Advocates strategic positions in the face of uncertainty
- Comfortable with ambiguous work assignments and experience managing change in a complex, matrix organization
- Team oriented player with strong work ethic
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates' professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
Apply now for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.