Director, HEOR - Neuroscience
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The position typically oversees multiple programs for all products for one therapeutic area for pipeline development, or for an on-market therapeutic area and acts as project decision maker responsible for coordinating the successful development and execution of the HEOR strategy for such products. Ensures project plans across all products within his/her TA portfolio integrates and aligns with the product strategic plans from matrix groups as well as commercial interests. He/she with a view across TA assets, ensures there is no overlap of projects and leverages endeavors across the TA. Provides updates on execution of plans to products as well as functional management. In the development of product strategic plans, liaises with other members of the product team to generate innovative ideas and create buy-in to strategies.
- Designs, conducts, oversees and analyzes multiple programs in support of typically one therapeutic area as well as communicates the findings to internal (Executive Leadership, Area VPs, GMs etc.) and external (e.g., HTAs/Payors, patient (advocacy groups) and KOLs etc.) audiences.
- NDP Development – directs, develops, organizes, and implements the HEOR strategy with concurrence of functional management to allow the development of each NDP to proceed expeditiously and smoothly toward registration, PR&A and market launch in compliance with national and international governmental regulations.
- Directs the execution and makes decisions of the worldwide HEOR development plans of the NDPs. In conjunction with the Sr. Director/ VP TA, sets HEOR strategic direction for multiple development programs consistent with business goals established in conjunction with the appropriate TA TEC.
- Determine, in collaboration with the TECs, the global development strategy for new or marketed products and contribute to the Therapeutic Area Long Range Plan and Portfolio Planning.
- Drive the design and aggressive execution of a high quality HEOR program supporting the therapeutic area strategy for pipeline products as well as on-market products that effectively and efficiently meets ethical, scientific, regulatory, commercial, and quality requirements.
- The individual will be responsible for assets in the Parkinson’s Disease franchise including one launching asset.
- In the post-marketing setting, this position is responsible for developing and executing product life-cycle and labeling strategies in collaboration with scientific and commercial team members across the TA portfolio. Responsible for the scientific and communication excellence of all data elements agreed to by the matrix team.
- MD or PharmD, both with an MS in Economics, Econometrics, or (pharmaco)epidemiology or any other related, with at least 10 years of relevant experience) Preferred: additional PhD in Economics, Econometrics, or (pharmaco)epidemiology or any other related field with 8years of relevant experience
- Typically 8+ years of clinical development experience in the pharmaceutical industry, CRO, academia or other health-related consulting company plus having expert knowledge in a relevant therapeutic specialty. Experience leading complex products and/or clinical development in support of pipeline development and on-market product support. Clinical research experience strongly recommended; within pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Must perform at times in previously uncharted territory with few, if any, established guidelines or procedures. At other times, exceedingly complex governmental rules and regulations must be followed. For problems surrounded by complex rules and regulations, the Director must be able to direct compliance knowledgeably and expeditiously
- Must be able to develop creative and effective solutions to inter- and intra-project priority conflicts, resource constraints and other problems which may impact project or group goals and deliverables across multiple programs
- Extensive knowledge of the global regulatory, HTA and PR&A landscape, as well as understanding of other development-related functions as they relate to all phases of drug development. Experience leading complex products and/or clinical development in support of pipeline development and on-market product support
- Proven leadership skills in a cross-functional global team environment. Ability to interact externally and internally to support global business strategy. Additionally, this person must be able to interact successfully with Senior Management globally (Executive staff, Area VPs, GMs etc.) and act as the HEOR project/group champion and spokesperson
- High goal-orientation with the ability to see solutions rather than problems as projects encounter the inevitable ups and downs associated with new drug development or on-market product support. Must be a self- starter and have a strong desire to see projects achieve commercial success. Skills to perform the dual roles of leading a cross functional team and managing scientific personnel in clinical research
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.