Essential Job Functions:
- Review QC analytical data from contract service providers for accuracy and completeness
- Review and approve analytical method validations
- Provide input on initial laboratory investigations and out of specification investigations related to QC results
- Review Certificate of Analysis
- Document and report quality /compliance issues relating to analytical testing and manufacturing of commercial and clinical materials and products
- Coordinate with contract service providers to manage necessary corrective and preventive actions
- Gather and interpret regulatory intelligence, as well as evaluate internal practices, and make recommendations for improvement of Avanir procedures.
- Interpret policies, standards and regulations and evaluate potentially critical problems not covered by policies, standards and regulations
- Evaluate quality systems, processes, procedures and protocols for compliance
- Develop internal SOPs, policies and procedures as required
- Track, trend GMP Audit KPI Metrics
- Participate in audits of contract service providers
- Escalate regulatory compliance risks to Quality, Clinical Operations, and Technical Operations to ensure that all issues are mitigated in a timely manner.
- 10% travel both domestically and internationally
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- BS/BA degree in a chemistry, biology, or a related scientific discipline
- 8+ years of experience in pharmaceutical industry
- Experience working in a QC analytical laboratory preferred
- Working knowledge of GxPs and quality systems
- Must be able to effectively collaborate with others and work in a matrixed team
- Must be flexible, resourceful, and multitask efficiently
- Proficiency with MS Office (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.).
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and frequent walking. Daily use of a computer, phone, office equipment and other computing and digital devices is required. May be required to stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings or walking in the facilities. Some local travel may be necessary, so the ability to travel by plane, operate a motor vehicle and maintain a valid Driver’s license and/or effectively navigate public transportation is required. While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee must be able to read and respond to interoffice communications as well as effectively participate in meetings. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to lift up to 20 lbs., pull, push, carry, handle or feel. The employee is required to carry, handle items, reach with arms and hands, to stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. Mental demands may require prolonged concentration, reading comprehension, understanding and interpretation of concepts, ideas and philosophies. The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described unless such accommodations would cause Avanir an undue burden.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job unless such accommodations would cause Avanir an undue burden. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving carts, mechanical equipment (copiers, computers, coffee machines) and vehicles. May be subject to smells and odors. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The passage of employees through the work area is average and normal.
As an equal opportunity employer, Avanir Pharmaceuticals is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation transgender status, gender identity, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. All Avanir Pharmaceuticals employees, officers, principles, agents, and representatives are expressly prohibited from engaging in unlawful discrimination. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Avanir Pharmaceuticals will reasonably accommodate any qualified individual with a disability if such accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions or the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.
Avanir Pharmaceuticals shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR-60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.