Sr. Associate Clinical Science, Oncology Early Development
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
In collaboration with a therapeutic area Medical Director or Scientific Director, the Clinical Scientist will contribute to the design, conduct, analysis, and reporting of clinical trials in Oncology Early Development (OED). The Clinical Scientist will apply scientific training and clinical research experience to support all aspects of OED, from facilitating the transition of molecules from pre-clinical discovery to supporting the transition of the drug to Oncology Development.
• Contribute to the review, interpretation and communication of scientific data pertaining to the efficacy and safety of compounds in OED. Attends congress and reviews literature to develop and augment expertise in therapeutic area.
• Help develop program strategy including the clinical development plan, product lifecycle plans, target product profiles and draft labels. Reviews competitive landscape and help identify and evaluate business development opportunities.
• Responsible for providing focused scientific and clinical study support from start-up to clinical study report.
• Participate in scientific education of internal and external stakeholders on the pre-clinical (e.g. mechanism of action, animal models) and clinical (e.g. epidemiology, diagnosis, treatment) data relevant to the program. Engage opinion leader interactions to build pipeline awareness and foster research collaborations.
• Contribute to the scientific content of Study Protocols, Investigator Brochures, Clinical Study Reports, Informed Consent Forms, briefing documents, charters, and regulatory documents.
• Contribute to the creation of electronic database, IRT, and associated training documents and review data completeness and fidelity throughout study conduct.
• Ensure adherence to good Clinical Practices, pharmacovigilance standards, standard operating procedures and to all other quality standards in conducting research. Contributes to authorship of regulatory responses and may participate in meetings.
•Bachelors/Master’s degree, in Science related to Field with 11+ years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry or Pharm-D/PhD with 1+years
•Ability to understand more complex clinical study principles
•Advanced understanding of appropriate technology necessary to analyze clinical study data, generate reports and create presentations, posters and manuscripts
•Experience in team, drug development, and scientific project leadership or related.
•Experience supporting clinical research, drug development and/or function/therapeutic area operations.
•Must have a proven record of successful projects.
•Experience in multi-faceted, broad-based multiple functions/therapeutic areas or clinical functions with in depth knowledge of clinical study issues.
•Ability to appropriately and effectively use resources to complete tasks and meet required timelines.
•Ability to produce work of the highest quality by paying attention to detail
•Must possess good oral and written communication skills
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.