Manager, Total Rewards
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Focus on the design, planning, implementation and administration of the organization's Total Rewards programs, policies, and procedures that will include compensation, benefits, short and long-term incentives. Ensures that Rewards programs enhance the organization's ability to recruit and retain employees. Responsibilities include understanding the goals of the business, managing timelines needed to deliver results for the business, and a thorough understanding of impacts, issues and requirements for all Rewards initiatives. Manages and leads identified global Total Rewards projects and initiatives.
List up to 10 main responsibilities for the job. Include information about the accountability and scope.
- Performs job evaluations globally and recommends pay grades for new or revised jobs.
- Supports the annual year-end process for Merit, Bonus and LTI.
- Provides recommendations on various pay actions (promotions, bonus buyouts, Base Salary Adjustments, etc.) utilizing survey sources, market references, internal equity, and other data as appropriate.
- Manage projects involving the design & delivery of Rewards programs/initiatives including initial product launch and communications, closely managing the relationship with the business through both operations and human resources.
- Engage with business HR and leaders to develop Rewards solutions via stakeholder and project management.
- Provide counsel and communication on Rewards programs to business management, human resources and employees.
- Establish and maintain relationships with leading Rewards practitioners and consultants on best practice approaches, trends and strategies; act as primary broker with external consultants.
- Co-Lead the roll out, communication and ongoing administration of new and existing rewards programs; ensure adequate resources are effectively trained.
- Provides technical expertise and support for Rewards programs administration and communication, including job grading, compensation planning, short and long-term incentive programs.
- Serve as Project Manager for defining business requirements for Rewards projects and ensure service level agreements are met with delivery standards in compliance with the agreement.
- Bachelor degree with 6-8 years experience in Total Rewards / Compensation & Benefits.
- 1-2 years of experience in Pharma Industry (R&D Functions) preferred.
- Post-graduate business degree will be an added advantage.
- Experience in program and project management.
- Cultural skills – understands business issues and cultural differences and applies that knowledge to compensation & benefits design and processes.
- Ability to drive for results and achieve goals through direct/indirect influence.
- Self-directed and able to manage multiple programs and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent analytical and diagnostic problem solving skills.
- Strong relationship building skills. Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Thorough understanding of compensation & benefit budgets and funding requirements. Demonstrated understanding of business cycles and needs.
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.