Associate Manager, Data Operations
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Associate Manager of Data Operations will lead the function by developing strategies and processes related to the commercial data needs of cross functional business teams in support of AbbVie’s MABI and Market Access Analytics Teams, Incentive Compensation, Field Reporting and other stakeholders.
- The position develops and executes benchmark leading processes for data acquisition, integration, quality control, use, education, systems.
- Provide stewardship and governance over the data.
- Provide guidance to cross functional teams related to the data.
- Develop and execute strategic data initiatives and set operational priorities in coordination with MABI Analytics teams, Data Strategy, Sales Operations, Sales Planning and BTS.
- Optimize the data operations and effectiveness while providing the greatest business value
- Ensure data needs of the launch product teams are met leveraging existing solutions and developing new ones as needed.
- Leverage the lessons learned from previous launches to avoid prior inefficiencies and maximize effectiveness
- Maximize launch effectiveness by being the lead analytics consultant to the cross functional teams on the available commercial data
- Responsible for management of the data quality of all aspects of the system to ensure Sr. management, MABI, Sales Reporting, Incentives and others have the most timely and accurate data available to make decisions.
- Effectively communicate status, results and achievements across all the appropriate teams.
- Manage and/or coordinate consultants, vendors, Specialty Pharmacies and others as appropriate.
- Manage and coordinate the acquisition and onboarding of data suppliers
- BA or BS degree required. MBA or Master’s Degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Data Operations, IT or related field
- Experience with IQVIA subnational data and related AbbVie IT systems preferred
- Collaborative working style and ability to develop an internal network. Skill to communicate and interact with all levels in the organization
- Analytical reasoning abilities, intellectual curiosity, strong business acumen, and creativity in problem solving
- Role requires the ability to understand the commercial environment and business needs and translate to data and infrastructure requirements.
- Strong communication skills. Ability to interact effectively with cross functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize large amounts of information into a concise, easy to understand story.
- Ability to manage and interact effectively with external vendors
- Demonstrated ability to use data analytics tools
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance
- Learns fast, grasps the “essence” and can change the course quickly where indicated
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.