Alto Neuroscience is a private company headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area. Alto is developing a new generation of neural biomarker-based diagnostic tests and personalized treatments for use in mental health, based on a platform built from data aggregated at scale and cutting-edge artificial intelligence analysis tools. The team combines world-leading neuroscientists and business executives with experience commercializing products for the brain.
We are looking for a motivated Data Scientist who is passionate about mental health. This person will work closely with a growing interdisciplinary team of Physicians, Research scientists and Software developers to challenge the status quo and transform mental health via intelligent use of Artificial intelligence techniques. This position will oversee and perform analysis of large-scale multi-dimensional, multi-variate healthcare data. Specifically, this work will include the design and analysis of data to generate actionable patient insights that will aid in personalized treatment for mental health disorders.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare Data and Data pipelines for model development
- Develop novel approaches for exploration, analysis and feature selection from large-scale multidimensional data that include genetics, neurophysiological data, clinical/patient data
- Build, train, test and deploy machine learning models
- Develop visualization tools to interpret and communicate results
- Work closely with software developers to integrate models into software products
- Document code, results and details of the approaches in a thorough and systematic way in order to promote knowledge sharing and code re-use
- Collaborate with other data scientists, SMEs to ideate and solve complex issues pertinent to data ingestion/curation, model performance, model generalization.
Skills and Qualifications
- Master or PhD degree in Engineering, Neuroscience, Bioinformatics, or other quantitative fields with strong analysis and programming experience.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
- Experience with common data science toolkits and libraries, such as scikit-learn, Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, Matlab, etc.
- Programming languages: Python
- Working knowledge of Linux OS, SQL
- 2+ years of Python programming and product development experience
- 2+ years of machine learning experience using real-world data
- Great verbal and written skills
- Be a team player while being able to work independently
- Knowledge of genomic data science is a plus
- Knowledge of application of deep learning to real-world data is a plus
Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.