We are looking for an experienced and passionate Biophysicist in San Diego or Claremont, CA with 3-5 years of experience in biomolecule characterization techniques and analysis. This person will be primarily responsible to lead an interdisciplinary team to conduct electronic real-time characterization of biomolecules.
- 3-5 years of post-doctoral (industry or academia),
- Background in biophysics and chemistry.
- PhD in biophysics, structural-biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, or other related engineering fields.
- Understanding of protein structure (include statistical behavior, and mathematical description).
- Understanding of techniques for characterizing bio-molecules such as Cryo-EM, crystallography, single molecule biophysics.
- Familiarity with cryo-EM and/or protein structure studies are a plus.
- Strong data analysis skills and ability to determine next steps.
- Experience with DOE (Design of Experiments).
- Highly creative and inventive problem solver with a can-do attitude.
- Eager to be part and participate in a fast pace multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- Experience with nanoscale sensors, single molecule experiments preferred.
- Familiarity working with data collection systems (LabView), analyzing data sets (Python), and troubleshooting experiments.
Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Work independently as a discipline expert to design electronic measurement system for analyzing single-molecule experiments and help to design future experiments.
- Work with nano-technology fabrication team.
- Effectively work within multidisciplinary teams and routinely interact with, other departments to solve problems and devise experimental plans.
- Develop experimental plans, deliverables and milestones.
- Protocol development and timely delivery of experimental reports.