Associate Research Scientist, HTP Assays and Protein Production
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision transforming patients lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Discovery Biotherapeutics team at Bristol Myers Squibb seeks to understand the structure and function of complex molecules such as antibodies and endogenous proteins in order to optimize their utility as therapeutic agents. We collaborate with biology and translational scientists imbedded in the Thematic Research Centers in order to prosecute Targets and Biological pathways with disease modifying potential. By using a blend of internal and external technologies and capabilities, we work to discover and deliver first-in-class as well as best-in-class molecules that warrant clinical evaluation for patient benefit.
We are seeking a skilled assay development scientist at an Associate Research Scientist level to join the Antibody Platform Technology team. The successful candidate will develop new and optimize existing assays. The APT group supports the development of novel therapeutic and tool antibodies molecules. In addition to assay development activities, the candidate will be part of a team that is responsible for expression, purification, and characterization of early stage antibodies in collaboration with the BMS Antibody Generation team.
- Design and execute experiments to build, optimize, and validate new antibody characterization assays
- Collaborate with the Automation team to automate validated assays in a HTP workflow
- Optimize existing assays, expression protocols, and purification protocols
- Perform routine small scale antibody expressions and purifications using laboratory automation
- Read the scientific literature and work with a multidisciplinary team to identify new relevant assays
- Excellent written, oral, and organizational skills are necessary
- BS degree with 3-5 years of relevant experience in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Molecular and Cell Biology, or related field
- Proven experience developing new assays and implementing them in a HTP workflow
- Extensive experience in optimizing and troubleshooting biochemical assays
- Experience, preferably High Throughput, with techniques used to measure antibody-antigen interactions (ie. ELISA, FACS, HTRF, Octet binding)
- Knowledge of the present antibody discovery processes with an eye for innovation and the future of state of biotherapeutic molecule development
- Experience expressing and purifying antibodies is preferred
- Knowledge of cell based assays is a plus
- Experience using automation systems and liquid handlers is a plus
- Ability to efficiently manage and prioritize multiple projects and coordinate material and data transfers
- Experience using basic data analysis and visualization software (Excel, Prism, Spotfire)
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.