Associate Director, Global Planning and Data Operations, Oncology
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Assoc Dir Global Planning & Data Operations role will require active engagement with Finance, Customer Excellence (MABI, MCM team, Marketing analytics, Launch Excellence, Sales Force effectiveness), BTS, Marketing/Brand Management. The person will coordinate the Strategic and Financial processes across Oncology, establish performance and analytical reports, coordinate competitive intelligence processes, and the development of strategic documents in collaboration with multiple functions and organizational levels, including Areas.
The person will report to the Director of Franchise Operations, GMCO Oncology.
This role requires very good analytical skills, ideally Oncology knowledge, and pharma market understanding. Understanding of Financial processes is also key.
Showing strategic capabilities coupled with strong organizational skills in order to put an action plan in place in collaboration with multi parties and functions.
Lead Strategic and Financial processes across Oncology
- Coordinate and support Strategic and Financial LRP guidance and process across Brands and Oncology Functions
- Coordinate and support Brand Plan guidance and process across Brands and Oncology Functions
- Coordinate the development/updating of quarterly Investors Relationships square report in a timely and consistent manner
Establish Performance and analytical reports for Oncology
- Coordinate and participate to development of Oncology dashboards (financial performance, in-market reports, IFT activities) in collaboration with Finance, MABI, CEX and Brands
- Participate to winning with data project to define best tools and dashboards for Oncology (including Fusion)
- Align with Brands, Areas and countries on improved performance review process (including LSR)
Coordinate competitive intelligence processes and reports across Brands
- Review and collaborate with MABI to improve CI process and reports for both in-market CI events and congresses reports
- Develop CI bottom-up process to capture main insights from countries/Areas (including SOV)
- Lead Financial and analytical acumen/capabilities across Global Brand Teams
- Streamline the development of all strategic documents and processes within the Oncology franchise across all indications and assets
- Influence and coordinate business leaders across relevant functions, TAs and assets to deliver business results
- Oncology GMs, GBT Leads, Global Brand Marketeers
- Customer Excellence, MABI, MCM team, Learning team
- BTS, Digital team
- Areas Leads
- Prioritized Affiliates Business Unit Managers and local Brand Teams
- Bachelor/Masters degree in business or equivalent. MBA - preferred
- Very strong analytical skills, Financial acumen, and strong understanding of numbers/data
- Ideally Area and/or Affiliate exposure
- Demonstrated ability to develop lean and practical structures and processes
- Demonstrates self-initiative and innovative thinking
- Planning, organizing and managing multiple projects
- Strategic thinker and organizational skills, able to define well-structured execution plans
- Networking skills and effective communication that builds effective working relationships with a broad range of internal cross-functional stakeholders
- Demonstrated strong cross functional and/or cross geographical influence and leading without authority capability
- Learns fast, grasps the essence, raises the bar and drives performance; problem solves and resolves conflict constructively
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills in order to develop “executive – ready” communications on a frequent basis, and storytelling in writing strategic documents
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.