Associate Director, Commercial Data Governance
Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. Under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
The Associate Director, Alignments & Data Governance is responsible for Alignments, data management, performance monitoring, Business Objects query design, database operations, and implementation. The incumbent also manages and maintains the accuracy, timeliness, consistency and integrity of the Daiichi Sankyo Operation Data Store (ODS) and Data Mart. This position is responsible for commercial data management, which ensures the accurate and timely processing of input source information into the data warehouse, and interfaces of the data Warehouse to and from 3rd parties and other systems. The incumbent works with Daiichi Sankyo home office and field management to interpret business information needs/requirements and develop & deliver their solutions in a timely and effective manner.
The incumbent will guide business users in understanding the context of the data and information stored in and/or obtained from the data Warehouse, as well as conducting and/or overseeing data inquiries. The position is responsible for ensuring consistency and suitability among governed data elements by establishing and executing standards and procedures for maintenance and enforcement.
- Maintain the accuracy, quality, timeliness, cleanliness, consistency and integrity of data by establishing, implementing, and maintaining Alignments and data standards for the organization to ensure strong strategic and tactical decisions are being made by sales & marketing.
- Lead innovation for continuous alignment changes and updates to support optimal customer engagement. Provide data and analysis to support sales field alignment, targeting, call planning, incentive compensation, sample compliance, sales and field activity reporting and aggregate spend reporting. Develop and provide standard access to customer master data through a governed self-service portal and data services. Regular interaction with Sales leadership.
- Liaise with IT, HR, Sales and Marketing on data definitions and proper usage for the organization. Serve as lead for field and marketing data inquiries around customer sample eligibility, HCP specialty, prescribing activity, and field activity.
- Manage the gathering of business requirements and documentation for any data/system integration, enhancements and informational needs by Sales Operation, SFA, Market Planning, Manage Markets, Sample Compliance, Compliance and the Incentive Compensation groups.
- Lead the design, implementation and maintenance of the sales and marketing Customer Master System (Nucleus). Oversee the enhancement of processes for the flow of data through DSI's systems and perform quality checks on the multiple data sources.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, processes and procedures for the organization regarding the accuracy and completeness of the alignments and data, as well as for distribution and security based on compliance and legal requirements.
- Manage daily relationships with third party vendors. Document inbound and outbound data interfaces with vendors and perform user acceptance testing of deliverables. Supervise the coordination between business users and internal/external IT groups when integrating systems changes. Manage and oversee the User Acceptance Testing process of systems, data, extracts and Business Object universe changes.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
Bachelor's Degree required. Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Information Management or equivalent preferred
- 7 or More Years overall experience in Information Technology/Systems or Operations or commensurate education/experience required.
- 4 or More Years experience with large data sets and database systems preferred
- Experience with sales force alignment software preferred
- Pharma industry preferred
Ability to travel up to 20% Normal business travel for meetings and visiting field offices
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associate Director, Commercial Data Governance