Ready to join a team committed to developing and commercializing gene therapies for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? Since 2013, Novartis Gene Therapies (formerly AveXis) has had one focus: bringing change to those devastated by genetic diseases.
The Novartis Gene Therapies culture embraces this mission. As a compassionate and dedicated team, we are enthusiastic about the science behind our work and finding answers to difficult questions. We are dedicated to communities affected by rare diseases, and these patients and families are the motivation for everything we do.
We have built a team with exceptional depth of experience, unified by a common vision; to develop gene therapies with the potential to positively impact the lives of the patients and families devastated by rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Though we are proud of what we have achieved to date, we remain relentlessly focused on making that vision a reality.
The Biostatistics team in Research and Development at Novartis Gene Therapies is seeking a full-time graduate student pursuing an MS or PhD to join our internship program. This internship opportunity is for student who are passionate to bring his/her statistical expertise to analyze data and/or search for solutions to address research based questions in support of our Chemistry, Manufacturing and Control (CMC) unit.
- Work closely with experienced pharmaceutical statistician(s) on statistical methodology and/or application related to the design and analysis on a variety of pipeline products.
- Engaged in innovation initiatives such as develop model to leverage data from early phase drug development and clinical experience to estimate product shelf life; develop control strategy to monitor analytical and/or process performance using Bayesian statistics.
- Candidates must be currently enrolled students and have completed at least 2 semesters of graduate courses towards an MS or PhD degree in Statistics or related field with focus on statistical research and modeling.
- Available to work full time for up to 12 weeks beginning in June of 2021.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
- Have working knowledge in statistical software such as SAS, R, Stan, Winbugs, JMP.
- Course works and research projects in Bayesian statistics will be a plus.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Novartis Gene Therapies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.