Director, Global Program Management (San Diego, California or Cambridge, Massachusetts)
Imagine\u2026 2 weeks after the birth of your child you realize they aren't meeting critical developmental milestones and after months of doctor's appointments you are told your baby has a rare neurological disease that would impact how they would live their lives. This is the reality of parents whose children have Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) and it's the reason why we at Novartis Gene Therapies are laser focused on bringing hope and possibility to those devastated by rare genetic diseases. We have built a team with exceptional depth of experience, unified by a common vision; to develop gene therapies with the potential to positively impact the lives of the patients and families devastated by rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Though we are proud of what we have achieved to date, we remain relentlessly focused on making that vision a reality.
Gene Therapies role may be located in San Diego, California or Cambridge, Massachusetts
The Director, Global Program Management will:
- Drive strategy development of programs and drives the implementation of the assigned programs to ensure the right blend of innovation and business impact are achieved for a smooth transition to GDD/out-license
- Develop high performing project teams (matrix perspective if not with direct reports)
- Drive/contribute to initiatives in line function/ cross functionally
- Demonstrate global mindset and cultural awareness
High level expectations around Drug Development, PM Leadership, Project Management Skills, Information/Communication Management, Strategic Disease Area Expertise. In details:
- Drive project teams with respect to the timing, scenario/options development, risk management, opportunity challenges and requirements of interfacing with Decision Boards
- Partner with project team leaders and functional leaders to drive project strategy, develop and maintain integrated project plans, and manage diverse teams across multiple sites to meet project timelines/goals
- Continuously adapt project strategy based on internal and external information
- Contribute scientific, clinical knowledge & expertise and knowledge of disease areas to create new value-adding opportunities or maximize the value of existing projects and programs
- Ensure that key milestones and go / no go criteria are data driven, clearly defined, and promptly available for consumption in our systems. Drive for a culture of high quality information
- Excellent communicator within and outside the team. Able to engage with Senior Leaders and translate the proper messages to/from the project team. Aligns communication process to support long-term goals and influence future decisions.
- Anticipate issues and options for resolution to ensure optimal and timely information flow to all stakeholders.
- Build and maintain effective and high-performing teams focused on effective cross functional communication, decision-making and resolving issues
- Define excellence in program management through leading improvements in processes, procedures, and tools related to program management practices
- Masters or Doctorate in life sciences OR MBA with bachelor's degree OR equivalent experience in life science
- 10+ years pharma industry experience including previous track record of success in working with and leading large scale and complex international and multidisciplinary drug development teams
- 5+ years of equivalent multi-/cross-functional leadership experience
- Excellent project / program management skills
- Expert knowledge in drug development (including early and late stage development)
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
Novartis Gene Therapies Benefit Summary:
Annual bonus, long term incentive, health insurance, paid vacation/holidays, potential flexible working arrangements (based on role) and an employee recognition program are available for this position, among many other benefits provided to employees of Novartis Gene Therapies.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Novartis Gene Therapies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status. #LI-MG1