Project Manager, Drug Discovery
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Collaborate with project leaders and cross-functional project teams to develop, execute, and drive our drug discovery and development efforts for assigned projects/programs to completion within timeline, quality and budgetary constraints.
- Establish a detailed project plan and ensure a common understanding of project timelines, milestones, and deliverables across the project team and with key stakeholders.
- Monitor project progress against baseline and follow up as needed with individuals across the company to ensure timely completion of project deliverables.
- Communicate status of projects to team members, management, and leadership effectively and efficiently. You’ll also communicate project implementation details (schedule, quality, risk, and mitigation) and plans to stakeholders, while offering recommendations around project execution.
- Create and maintain project documentation, such as meeting minutes, risk/issue logs, communication plans, action item logs, decision logs, etc. You’ll also schedule and facilitate effective project meetings.
- Contribute to the development of tools and techniques to enhance the project management process.
The Team You’ll Join
As a Project Manager at Recursion you will be a key member of the Project Management team. The Project Management team is a group of execution-minded professionals focused on driving the advancement of our drug portfolio in order to get impactful medicines to patients that need them. Our desire to make a difference and contribute to our mission of radically improving lives drives everything we do. In your role, you will collaborate across the organization to ensure successful program delivery and continuous process improvement.
The Experience You’ll Need
- 3+ years project/program management experience in the pharmaceutical industry focused on either drug discovery or drug development
- BS in a scientific discipline
- Experience delivering assigned projects on time and within budgetary and quality constraints
- A solid understanding of project management methodologies (PMP certification preferred)
- Ability to manage across multiple functional groups within a highly matrixed organization
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Should be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences.
- Interact with teams at various management levels, including Sr. Leadership
- Ability to capture data and feedback to come to resolution on complex issues
- implement strategic level objectives into tactical level plans and facilitate plan execution
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility*
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute*
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars*
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking*
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
More About Us
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science, and engineering, with the goal of radically improving the lives of patients and industrializing drug discovery. Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.