Junior Systems Administrator
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Secure - You will work closely with our Cyber Security team to design, secure networks and server solutions to help guide us forward.
- Service - Maintaining different solutions to include AD, DNS, DHCP along with many SaaS solutions that we use.
- Troubleshoot - You will troubleshoot hardware or software issues while conforming to our Service Level Objective
- Create - You will be responsible for creating Knowledge base articles for documentation and training purposes.
- Monitor - Monitor capacity on all systems and work with other team members and the systems team to stay ahead of demand
- Team - You will support our maintenance windows and on-call rotation(s).
The Team You’ll Join
You will join the IT team at Recursion. A team of IT Specialists and Systems Admins who are focused on helping Recursion to move fast while still being secure. You will work with teammates across the different departments of Recursion determining what the right path forward is and how we get there. Can demonstrate the ability to manage and maintain Networking, Server & Storage infrastructure.
The Experience You’ll Need
- The ability to write and maintain documentation for operational procedures
- Experience with Windows, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and associated Windows services
- Experience managing and maintaining enterprise wireless networks.
- Participate in monthly maintenance windows and the infrastructure team on-call rotation
- Experience supporting and provisioning Windows and Mac devices.
- Monitor capacity on all systems and work with other team members and the systems team to stay ahead of demand
- Very strong and proven capability to take ownership of assigned systems
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility*
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute*
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars*
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking*
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
More About Us
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science, and engineering, with the goal of radically improving the lives of patients and industrializing drug discovery. Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.