Senior Manager of Toxicology
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Lead toxicology activities to support discovery and development programs
- Design and monitor toxicology studies to support program milestones
- Author, review & approve project plans, study protocols, study reports, and regulatory filings
- Develop high quality toxicology plans and content for global regulatory submissions, including INDs, CTAs, IBs, NDAs and MAAs
- Serve as toxicology subject matter expert on cross-functional project teams
The Team You’ll Join
As a member of Recursion’s development team, this role will participate in cross-functional project teams as we discover treatments for pathologies that affect the lives of countless individuals. The Development Team is an empowered, execution-minded group of business and clinical development professionals, responsible for translating Recursion’s innovative science to patients. You will also use your experience designing and executing toxicology plans and knowledge of global regulatory practices when interacting with global health authorities and presenting to Recursion’s leadership.
The Experience You’ll Need
- PhD or equivalent degree (such as DVM) with 5-7 years of relevant industry experience as a study director/monitor in toxicology
- Working knowledge of GLP regulations, ICH, and other regulatory guidance documents
- Experience specifically supporting drug discovery through clinical development from a toxicology standpoint
- Experience designing, conducting, monitoring, and interpreting nonclinical toxicology/research studies
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and verbal/written communication skills and ability to perform as an effective, flexible, and self-assured team player
- Ability to thrive in a fast-pace and dynamic environment
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility*
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute*
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars*
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking*
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
More About Us
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science, and engineering, with the goal of radically improving the lives of patients and industrializing drug discovery. Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.