CMC Drug Product Director
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Build and lead a drug product department
- Provide technical and managerial leadership, project management and oversight of drug product process development and manufacturing activities supporting Recursion’s clinical programs
- Ensure delivery drug products adhering to current quality guidelines.
- Critically analyze process and analytical data to identify and resolve key formulation challenges during drug product development
- Participate in budget planning and forecasting for drug substance expenditures and ensure budget, schedules, and performance requirements are met
The Team You’ll Join
As CMC Drug Product and FormulatioN, you will be an essential member of the Recursion Development Team reporting to the senior director of CMC. The Development Team is an empowered, execution-minded group of business development and clinical development professionals responsible for translating Recursion’s innovative science to patients through clinical and business development activities.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences or other related scientific discipline, in addition to 5+ years of drug product formulation experience and CMC development
- A proven track record in preformulation and formulation development and CMO oversight
- Technical expertise in small molecule oral dosage form development and scale-up
- Comprehensive understanding of methods and instrumentation used for the physical and chemical characterizations.
- Possess a willingness and ability to work hands-on and with a sense of urgency, in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent strategic thinking skills with demonstrated ability to successfully create and implement both short-term and long-term plans to support the department and business needs
- Motivated self-starter with discipline to work independently with minimal guidance, meets deadlines, demonstrates effective use of time, and capable of handling multiple project simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Demonstrated track record in the areas of drug product development (authoring of CTD sections) with prior NDA/MAA preferred.
- Detail-Oriented: follows precise procedures and demonstrates thoroughness in performing tasks and assignments.
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility*
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute*
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars*
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking*
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
More About Us
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science, and engineering, with the goal of radically improving the lives of patients and industrializing drug discovery. Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.