Machine Learning Engineer, Applications
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
You will use your experience developing machine learning-based products to build, and maintain Recursion’s high-throughput biological research platform.
- Develop and deploy ML/DL products to support both active research programs and our long-term goals to decode biology and industrialize the drug discovery process.
- Build the infrastructure to support our evolving research initiatives in collaboration with software engineers and other company partners.
- Create reporting metrics or tools required by partners to understand, interpret, or otherwise make decisions from our phenomic data in collaboration with other data scientists and engineers.
- Deeply understand how we use our phenomic image data in order to propose and deliver projects that improve our data generation or analysis processes and increase our ability to discover therapeutics.
- Learn from the diverse skill of your peers and likewise be a mentor to others through the sharing of experiences in project collaborations and regular group learning opportunities.
The Team You’ll Join
With treatments for hundreds of diseases in our sights, we’ve built a data science team with domain expertise in computer science, physics, biology, mathematics, applied statistics, and more. We work side-by-side with Biologists, Automation Scientists, Chemists, Software Engineers, and many others; together, we develop the tools and methods to turn our experimental data into treatments for pathologies to affect the lives of countless individuals. Whether you’re developing new ML tooling for the Data Science team, new approaches for evaluating our phenomics platform data, or improving on our production DL models, you’ll become an essential member of our effort to industrialize drug discovery and decode biology.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Working knowledge of machine learning fundamentals (data preparation, modeling approaches, algorithms, regularization, optimization, etc) and demonstrable experience applying a diversity of approaches to real-world problems.
- Experience releasing and maintaining deep learning-based products in a continuous-use production environment.
- Experience working in a collaborative CI/CD software development environment, including use of git, peer code review and independent authorship of well tested, easily maintained, scalable, and documented code.
- A strong sense of project ownership, curiosity, and the professional skill-set to excel in an open, highly collaborative environment.
- (Senior) Demonstrable independence in leading data-driven machine-learning projects gated by clearly-defined performance metrics and milestones.
- (Senior) 3+ years industry experience.
Nice to have:
- Material you can share highlighting your excellence in the above competencies (publications, patents, code repositories, whitepapers, launched products, etc.)
- 2+ years experience working with convolutional neural networks
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility*
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute*
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars*
- Monthly wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking*
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
More About Us
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science, and engineering, with the goal of radically improving the lives of patients and industrializing drug discovery. Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.