Scientist, Systems Biology
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
As a member of the Innovation Biology team, you will be an internal expert on applying Systems Biology / Multi-omics approaches to help build a map of human cell biology and answer essential questions to advance our drug discovery pipeline. In this role, you will:
- Strategize with biologists, chemists, and data scientists on the types of -omics modalities to complement Recursion’s multi-petabyte-scale cellular perturbation and imaging platform
- Apply bioinformatic and computational approaches to design high dimensional target-agnostic experiments, analyze multi-omic data sets, and elucidate mechanisms of action
- Collaborate within cross-functional teams to generate and improve upon various user interfaces and data query and visualization tools
The Team You’ll Join
With treatments for hundreds of diseases in our sights, we work side-by-side with automation engineers, biologists, chemists, data scientists, software engineers, and many others; together, we develop the data, systems, tools and methods to discover treatments for pathologies that affect the lives of countless individuals.
The Experience You’ll Need
- PhD in Systems Biology, Computational Biology, Molecular Biology or similar field with 3+ years industry experience, or an MS with 5+ years of industry experience
- Experience envisioning, developing, and implementing systems biology or scaled multi-omics experimental approaches and computational models of cellular and disease biology, in a drug discovery setting
- Strong scientific understanding of cell signaling pathways, metabolic networks, and interactome relationships
- Experience integrating multidisciplinary areas such as functional proteomics, transcriptomics, metabolomics, genomics, lipidomics, and glycomics
- Fluency in a programming language (Python, R) commonly used for -omics analysis is a plus
- Experience with machine learning is a plus
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility*
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute*
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars*
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking*
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
More About Us
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science, and engineering, with the goal of radically improving the lives of patients and industrializing drug discovery. Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.