Scientist, In Vitro Pharmacology
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Discover - Apply your knowledge of in vitro pharmacology, assay development, and image analysis to help discover and advance novel drug candidates that have the potential to transform the lives of patients and develop new standards of care in areas of unmet medical need.
- Achieve - Work with internal and external partners to deliver high-quality in vitro results with speed and focus to enable decision making on a rapidly growing portfolio of pre-clinical programs.
- Influence - Help guide the strategy of Recursion’s Discovery Platform in onboarding new technologies, adopting new capabilities, and developing novel assays and cellular model systems.
- Collaborate - Work in a cross-functional matrix organization with fellow biologists, chemists, data scientists, and data engineers with a passion for drug discovery.
The Team You’ll Join
You’ll join the team focused on developing image based assays for the world’s leading company in image analysis. With treatments for hundreds of diseases in our sights, you will work side-by-side with automation engineers, biologists, chemists, data scientists, software engineers, and many others. Together, we generate the data, systems, tools, and methods to accelerate the discovery of treatments for pathologies that affect the lives of countless individuals.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Advanced degree (MS or PhD) in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Neuroscience, or relevant area of scientific research.
- 2+ years of applicable industry or drug discovery experience, developing in vitro pharmacology assays (preferably related to fibrosis, immunology, inflammation, neuroinflammation/neurodegeneration)
- Experience with design, execution and analysis of diverse molecular and cell biology methods
- Preferred skill sets include high throughput microscopy, fluorescence or luminescence based assays, mammalian cell culture, neuron/glial cell culture, electrophysiology/multi-electrode array, and cell-based assay development.
- Familiarity with data analysis and graphing software, such as Graphpad Prism, Spotfire, ImageJ, or Cell Profiler.
- Experience independently guiding projects from the bench, strong written, and verbal communication skills.
- History of outstanding past projects, publications or patents
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility*
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute*
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars*
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking*
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
More About Us
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science, and engineering, with the goal of radically improving the lives of patients and industrializing drug discovery. Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.