Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
As a member of the Operations team, you will coordinate the planning, logistics, and implementation of Recursion’s biobanking strategy. In this role, you will:
- Plan the build-out of a biobanking strategy and facility that can rapidly scale both in the number and complexity of biological sample types throughout their lifecycle
- Coordinate with internal and external partners to identify and procure relevant biological materials plus facilitate the scheduling of associated personnel, equipment and logistics
- Communicate with cross functional teams to provide review and approval of contracts and materials selection, biobank status updates, and regular progress reports
- Implement biobanking best practices to ensure personnel safety and training plus industry standards regarding biological sample inventory management and quality control
The Team You’ll Join
With treatments for hundreds of diseases in our sights, we work side-by-side with automation engineers, biologists, chemists, data scientists, software engineers, and many others; together, we develop the systems, tools and methods to discover treatments for pathologies that affect the lives of countless individuals. In this role, you will also use your experience to effectively gauge the scope and impact of your work against the broader team and company goals in collaboration with other operational directors.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Demonstrated oversight of day-to-day “best practice” operations of a biobank; serving as a point of contact for procurement, sample receipt, accessioning, reconciliation, shipment, storage and release of biological samples
- Develop and manage the laboratory information systems used to track sample lifecycle
- Demonstrated experience coordinating projects or facility build-outs, preferably within a biobanking context
- Demonstrated experience working with vendors and contract research organizations
- Experience implementing lean manufacturing practices
- Bachelor's Degree and 2+ years of experience in a clinical or healthcare environment as a sample or laboratory supervisor position
- Nice to have: In vitro cell culture background including the knowledge to process and develop induced Pluripotent Stem Cells (iPSCs)
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility*
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute*
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars*
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking*
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
More About Us
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science, and engineering, with the goal of radically improving the lives of patients and industrializing drug discovery. Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.