Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
We are looking for someone that is excited about optimizing Recursion’s industry leading robotic workflows by implementing laboratory automation systems and using data-driven maintenance to generate high-quality phenotypic screening data from thousands of 1536-well plates per week.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Robotic Process Automation - program the computers and robots to do the work. You will use existing technology to create higher quality data, process more experiments, reduce errors, decrease costs, and empower laboratory technicians to process plates with maximum efficiency
- Robot Repairs - keep the robots healthy, happy, and working hard. Repair instruments and create QCs that can detect issues with the automation.
- Optimization problems - find the most efficient processing that provides the highest quality results while reducing takt time
- Develop Recursion’s Laboratory Automation - You will help develop the systems that generate data for our world-class phenotypic screening laboratories.
The Team You’ll Join
The automation engineering team is responsible for implementing, improving and maintaining laboratory automation used at Recursion’s R&D laboratories. You will report to the Automation Engineering Manager at Recursion.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Experience diagnosing and repairing complex electromechanical instruments
- 3+ years experience maintaining and working with integrated laboratory automation
- Experience with programming, C# or python
- Optimization and team member mindset
- Experience with documentation and validation of instrument performance
- Experience capturing data and working with LIMS preferred
- Proficiency with Hamilton STAR method development and validation
- Experience with Echo liquid handlers, automated cell imaging systems, and various peristaltic pump based microplate dispensers
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technical field related closely to Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, or Biology
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility*
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute*
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars*
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking*
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
More About Us
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science, and engineering, with the goal of radically improving the lives of patients and industrializing drug discovery. Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.