Sr. Scientist Downstream Viral Vector
Adicet Bio, Inc. is a biotechnology company discovering and developing allogeneic gamma delta T cell therapies for cancer and other diseases. Adicet is advancing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” gamma delta T cells, engineered with chimeric antigen receptors and T cell receptor-like antibodies to enhance selective tumor targeting, facilitate innate and adaptive anti-tumor immune response, and improve persistence for durable activity in patients. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.adicetbio.com.
SENIOR SCIENTIST, DOWNSTREAM VIRAL VECTOR GROUP
Adicet Bio is developing a next generation manufacturing process to advance our platform of “off-the-shelf” immune cell products. We are currently seeking individuals for our viral vector group as we advance our production platforms. The position offers a chance to be part of a highly motivated team, applying the latest cell culture and bioprocessing practices to facilitate development of our proprietary cell therapies.
We are currently seeking an energetic and experienced individual with a strong materials purification background to join our downstream viral vector team. The successful candidate will contribute to the advancement of Adicet’s production platform by developing, characterizing, and optimizing vector purification procedures designed to support both research and manufacturing pipelines.
The individual will serve as the technical lead for a team of junior scientists and will work in collaboration with Upstream and Analytical vector teams, Tech Ops teams, as well as external groups, in order to meet project timelines and deliver a highly consistent and robust viral vector production program.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development of analytical methods to study and characterize end of process material and in-process intermediates.
- Serve as an SME for downstream purification applications when communicating with external groups.
- Drafting and editing of standard operating procedures, analytical test methods, analytical sampling plans, technical documents, and batch records for regulatory or tech transfer purposes.
- Source and assess new equipment and technologies in order to expand and improve purification capabilities.
- Contribute to budget and goal planning of the overall viral vector group.
- Successfully execute and document laboratory procedures and experiments with great attention to detail.
Downstream Viral Vector Development - Qualifications:
- Advanced degree with a background in chemical or biomedical engineering, biochemistry, cell & molecular biology, or related life science field is required. Doctoral degree or master’s degree with 5+ years or 8+ years post-graduate experience, respectively
- Considerable direct experience with chromatography system design, operation, method development, scale-up, and troubleshooting experience (affinity, size-exclusion, ion exchange, monolithic columns, HIC) is required. Familiarity with AKTA systems and Unicorn software is preferred
- Hands-on experience with various filtration systems (depth filtration, tangential flow filtration, microfiltration, diafiltration) is strongly desired
- Familiarity with current principles, concepts, practices, and suppliers of a range of analytical techniques including: ELISA, qPCR, Octet, Luminex, MSD, electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE, W. Blot, CE) is expected
- Previous experience serving as part of technology transfer teams or process development with external CMOs is strongly desired
- Flow cytometry and mammalian tissue culture experience preferred
- 2+ years of experience recruiting, and leading teams of junior scientists is preferred
- Qualified candidates should be detail oriented with an ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to mentor individuals to achieve organization, team and individual objectives while adhering to the company values (fearless, accountable, collaborative)
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proficient with MS Office and other commonly used software and technology programs
Adicet Bio offers both comprehensive benefits and Paid Time (PTO) plans for employees, which begin on the first day of employment, as well as the opportunity to work in a growing, dynamic environment.
Adicet Bio is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.