Research Associate / Sr. Research Associate, Upstream Vector Development
Adicet Bio, Inc. is a biotechnology company discovering and developing allogeneic gamma delta T cell therapies for cancer and other diseases. Adicet is advancing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” gamma delta T cells, engineered with chimeric antigen receptors and T cell receptor-like antibodies to enhance selective tumor targeting, facilitate innate and adaptive anti-tumor immune response, and improve persistence for durable activity in patients. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.adicetbio.com.
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE / SENIOR RESEARCH ASSOCIATE, UPSTREAM VECTOR DEVELOPMENT
Adicet Bio is developing a next generation manufacturing process to advance our platform of “off-the-shelf” immune cell products. We are currently seeking individuals for our viral vector group as we advance our production platforms. The position offers a chance to be part of a highly motivated team, applying the latest cell culture and bioprocessing practices to facilitate development of our proprietary cell therapies.
We are currently seeking an energetic and experienced individual with an upstream cell culture or viral vector production background to join our viral vector team. The successful candidate will contribute to the advancement of Adicet’s product pipeline by executing viral vector productions, process optimization and scale-up activities, generation and characterization of cell banks, and management of source materials. You will also be expected to independently perform experiments, organize and analyze results.
The individual will work as part of the viral vector Upstream Group and work in collaboration with Downstream and Analytical vector groups, Tech Ops teams, and external collaborators, in order to meet project timelines and develop a highly consistent and robust viral vector production program.
Additional job responsibilities:
- Follow standard operating procedures
- Write, review and edit accurate technical documents including study reports, batch records, and SOPs
- Work with a cross-functional team to advance development of viral vector programs
- Successfully execute and document laboratory procedures and experiments with great attention to detail
- Update Electronic Lab Notebooks
- Other duties as assigned
Viral Vector Development - Qualifications:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Biochemistry, Cell & Molecular Biology, Biomedical Engineering, or related life science field is required
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience working in a laboratory environment; industry experience is strongly preferred
- Must have expertise in mammalian cell culture
- Hands-on experience in the HEK293 expression technology using transient or stable platforms
- Experience with gene therapy viral vector production platforms is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in process development environment is a plus.
- Experience with suspension cell lines and culturing cells in bioreactors is highly desired.
- Experience with flow cytometry, cell-based bioassays and ELISA or PCR techniques is desired.
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills.
- Qualified candidates should be detail oriented, have appropriate time management skills and an ability to multitask in order to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think critically and demonstrate troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Should be a team player, proactive, co-operative, and willing to work in a small team environment
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills for documentation of data, drafting of technical reports, and communication of progress to supervisor and project teams.
- Must be proficient with MS Office and other commonly used software and technology programs
Adicet Bio offers both comprehensive benefits and Paid Time (PTO) plans for employees, which begin on the first day of employment, as well as the opportunity to work in a growing, dynamic environment.
Adicet Bio is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.